An 1100 met its end...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An 1100 met its end...

I have fallen for the GS life, pretty hard might I add. I love the sounds they make and the way they feel. Anyway, I currently own an 80 GS1100e a 91 GSX600F katana and a couple of Honda bikes as well. I'm 25 and started my motorcycle obsession about 10 years ago or so and got my first bike when I was 18 it was a 1998 katana 600, it was totaled out about 4 months after purchase because someone tried to cross the highway at the wrong time. I T-boned their car going about 55 and that was that I came out ok luckily but the bike was trashed.

Fast forward through 3 bikes and 7 years later I now own a the 1100 and the various other bikes. I recently came across an 82 GS650L for sale for $1000 with a clean title, ended up trading a Yamaha blaster with no title for it. The 650 is in pretty good condition no major rust or anything terribly wrong with it so we did the deal and talked for a few minutes and come to find out he had just sent another gs1100 with a complete engine frame wheels and wiring to the local scrap yard a week before. I called this morning to try to save what I could from the bike and was told they had just crushed it a few days before. Its sad to see something like that happen. I'm constantly looking on the local craigslist just looking for parts and pieces for my collection and would rather find things new homes before they are completely destroyed. On the bright side I did hear from the guy at the scrapyard that there is an old Honda sitting that he would sell for $100, he doesn't know what year but he said he thinks it is a 550, so I am going after I get off of work on another adventure to snatch a good deal and rescue another from the crusher!

I see a Superhero costume in your future. GSman, SH775, valve shims, intake boots and carb o-rings in the utility belt
    97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
      I see a Superhero costume in your future. GSman, SH775, valve shims, intake boots and carb o-rings in the utility belt
      Lol maybe but I need to learn the bikes inside and out before I can claim that title

Comment

Originally posted by JOE91 View Post
        Lol maybe but I need to learn the bikes inside and out before I can claim that title
        giggidy... hehehe

Comment

Working...
        X