Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Traveling Picnic JULY 2017 - New Information

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    OK, Carl, just how did you manage to sweet-talk Tiffany into that???

Must be the Goldwing influence.

I can not divulge my secrets lest I be forced to be certain you will be unable to report to those of unseemly nature
    (She offered - and I accepted - after I did some story telling about the places we have been in the past)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedz123 View Post
    Must be. I think Goldwing I think slow but concise moving, established gentleman, that has far Superior negotiating skills then us young guys that ride semi large sport touring rigs that can still get to illegal speeds far too quickly for their own good...

I mean how else do they get that number so low on the damn price tag of a Goldwing??? Time, Patience and negotiations!

HAHAHA
    I take some offense to the Slow part of this comment (well not really) -
    I think you should not underestimate the ability of a seasoned rider on a 100 HP Sport Tourer disguised as a LuxoBaarge Motorcycle
    The GL1800 is quite capable for it's size when pushed onward by a courageous rider with nerve for the swerve
    I am a slow and concise rider of such a beast - however I am the slowest rider in the fast group (or the fastest rider in the slow group)

Play your cards right and you may get a chance to try one on at the Picnic

$4300 more for ABS!!!!

Holy Crap! Man I don't think I could ever buy a Goldwing brand new...

Well I never buy anything Brand new anyways... But I'm sure you guys didn't buy new... Did you???

NO WAY !
    I bought my 2002 GL1800 in 2015 for $7600 with 25,000 miles on the clock -
    I spent another $3500 making it perfect for me with a custom seat, CB, added lights, and some secret improvements like heated gear,mp3 player, coffee maker
    There are a LOT of LOW mileage ; gently ridden , Goldwings out in the world if you are patient and have cash on hand when it's time to buy !
    Currently in the Stable :
    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Quote Originally Posted by Wingsconsin View Post
    I can not divulge my secrets lest I be forced to be certain you will be unable to report to those of unseemly nature
    (She offered - and I accepted - after I did some story telling about the places we have been in the past)

I take some offense to the Slow part of this comment (well not really) -
    I think you should not underestimate the ability of a seasoned rider on a 100 HP Sport Tourer disguised as a LuxoBaarge Motorcycle
    The GL1800 is quite capable for it's size when pushed onward by a courageous rider with nerve for the swerve
    I am a slow and concise rider of such a beast - however I am the slowest rider in the fast group (or the fastest rider in the slow group)

Play your cards right and you may get a chance to try one on at the Picnic

NO WAY !
    I bought my 2002 GL1800 in 2015 for $7600 with 25,000 miles on the clock -
    I spent another $3500 making it perfect for me with a custom seat, CB, added lights, and some secret improvements like heated gear,mp3 player, coffee maker
    There are a LOT of LOW mileage ; gently ridden , Goldwings out in the world if you are patient and have cash on hand when it's time to buy !
    HEHE It looks my attempt to poke the bear was a success!!! I do want to take the Wing out and see how she rides. I'll let you ride my +160WHP sport tourer and you can tell me if it's adequate for your seasoned self!
    One thing to know is us NE guys tend to show our affection through slightly slanderous jabs...

And see I knew you guys were frugal!!! LOL I think it's one thing we all have in common...

..Minus Jethro when it comes to snowmobiling.
    17 HD XG750A Street-Rod
    15 Suzuki TU250X - The Tuxman SCR250
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 - Ole' Faithful
    13 Infiniti G37 S New aged "Z" Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.
    2017 North East Green Mountain Rally
    2017 North East Green Mountain Rally on FACEBOOK

If it weren't raining this weekend and I wasn't just now finally unpacking all of my shop stuff and parts (after a move) and newly acquired lathe / drill-mill / huge lot of machine shop tools and equipment that I recently acquired, I would be scouting some of these roads this weekend! Spring has sprung, 76 degrees and sunny today... Bike needs new tires before I push it though. These old RoadRiders did not pass my test with 100 miles on them, and now they're done... Battlax BT45V's awaiting...

Soon I hope...and I will be scouting out some new SE Ohio Appalachian riding...

'77 Suzuki GS750 920cc 4-1, Sun rims, GS1100E swinger, fork mods, Fox Factory Shox, Ninja/CBR900RR discs
    '74 Rickman VR250 MX
    '99 Kawasaki KDX220 rugged terrain ripper
    PROJECTS:
    '77 Rickman CR900 GS1000-1105cc roadracer Yoshi race cams Yoshi 4:1, 89 GSXR1100K fork, 310mm discs, Fox Factory Shox
    '79 GS425 489cc/GS850 sleeves, megacycle cams, GS500 fork, 310mm CBR disc, DID rims, GS1100E swingarm, Fox Factory Shox
    '77 GS550 GS650-740cc top end, CBR900RR/Ninja brake, Fox Street Shox

Default Rooms Going Fast

The block of hotel rooms is now down to about 4 left - there are a few extra rooms we can grab if need be...but the place is filling up.
    If you are attending and need a room - make your reservations ASAP please.

THIS year (2017) we'll be in the Hocking Hills area July 15 2017, so if you're in the area and want to have a nice little lunch,
    we pass around a hat afterwards with a $10 suggestion for the eats and drinks.

http://travelingpicnic.com/

or Facebook -->> https://www.facebook.com/groups/626178607396401/

Here are some pertinent details (also found on our website)

Host Hotel - (Block starts Thursday July 13th thru Saturday night- many stay the entire weekend)

Christopher Inn
    30 North Plaza Boulevard
    Chillicothe OH 45601

Reserve by calling (740) 774-6835
    $89.95 Double Queens or Single King -

Traveling Picnic Block !
    Request non-smoking and first floor - No Elevator in facility

-- http://www.christopherhotels.com/christopher-inn

25 rooms on the "Traveling Picnic" block
    Rooms will held for us until June 13th 2017 (cut-off)
    They will allow us to sit in the breakfast room evenings to play cards, etc.
    They will block off 'motorcycle parking' are for us as well.

Picnic Spot
    Great Seal Park is where the picture came from for the Great Seal of Ohio and this is where we will have our picnic.
    We will be at the Vista Shelter.
    http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/greatseal

YOU ARE WELCOME and WOULD have a great time.

Any interest here from the GS crowd?

- Carl R. Munkwitz

Still not too late.
    These next several weeks we have some local scouts doing test rides around the Traveling Picnic area.
    Just to check road conditions, construction hazards, preferred routes, etc.
    If you want to show up... See ya soon.

- Carl R. Munkwitz

Jethro didn't get a bike this year... He's going to take the Connie and I'll take the Harley.

Looking forward to this one!
    17 HD XG750A Street-Rod
    15 Suzuki TU250X - The Tuxman SCR250
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 - Ole' Faithful
    13 Infiniti G37 S New aged "Z" Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.
    2017 North East Green Mountain Rally
    2017 North East Green Mountain Rally on FACEBOOK

I'll be scouting the area substantially in June if you need any further feedback... starting end of April, but I'll be in the Asheville/Pisgah NF/BRP area the entire middle of May. Already have add one after work sunset rides to the twisties planned for that immediate area.

'77 Suzuki GS750 920cc 4-1, Sun rims, GS1100E swinger, fork mods, Fox Factory Shox, Ninja/CBR900RR discs
    '74 Rickman VR250 MX
    '99 Kawasaki KDX220 rugged terrain ripper
    PROJECTS:
    '77 Rickman CR900 GS1000-1105cc roadracer Yoshi race cams Yoshi 4:1, 89 GSXR1100K fork, 310mm discs, Fox Factory Shox
    '79 GS425 489cc/GS850 sleeves, megacycle cams, GS500 fork, 310mm CBR disc, DID rims, GS1100E swingarm, Fox Factory Shox
    '77 GS550 GS650-740cc top end, CBR900RR/Ninja brake, Fox Street Shox

Jethro didn't get a bike this year... He's going to take the Connie and I'll take the Harley.

Looking forward to this one!
    Oh boy -- new bike -- big trip -- best year ever !

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck78 View Post
    I'll be scouting the area substantially in June if you need any further feedback... starting end of April, but I'll be in the Asheville/Pisgah NF/BRP area the entire middle of May. Already have add one after work sunset rides to the twisties planned for that immediate area.
    ​More information is always better than less -

- Carl R. Munkwitz

We have now crossed the 50 folks mark for registered picnic-ers...
    Pretty good for an unorganized, no plans, just ride & eat little get-together

- Carl R. Munkwitz