Blue Paint Color on GS1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Paint Color on GS1150

I'm thinking of repainting my bike, its currently that darker red (about the same as Chrysler Inferno Red), but I'm not sure I want to go back to the original color. I like the blue that came on the later bikes (GS1150/GS750ES). I'm still in the planning stages, but I was wondering if there was a readily available automotive "blue" that would match up pretty close. Just trying to get my options together.
    1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

This is what I used on my '84 750 EF. The blue is a perfect match and the white was a bit of a fiddle but I got it real close using the white as a base coat and the pearl white as an overcoat. I had to adjust the number of coats of pearl to get the right shade. The pearl topcoat hasn't really got a lot of colour in it, almost like a tinted clear coat. Photobucket sucks today so see the next post for more info and another photo.

PaintCodes.jpg
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

In this photo the bike is partially completed. The tank is NOS and the side covers original paint. The fairing and front fender are repainted as described above and the scoops are just in the white base coat and stayed that way as I wasn't going to use them anyway.

IMGP7161-Edit-1.jpg
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

You guys are great! "Bahama Blue"... I wonder what car that was used on?
        Thanks!

Edit: it looks like that's a GM paint code 22 used on 91-95 GM vehicles.
        Last edited by TxGSrider; 10-26-2016, 02:45 PM.
        1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Closest I could come to the European blue was from a dodge viper.

Comment

Working...
          X