Electric Tach On a 82/83 GS1100ez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric Tach On a 82/83 GS1100ez

Is there an electric tachometer that can be fitted into an 82/83 gauge cluster... or is it very hard to modify a GS1150 gauge cluster to work on my 82 GS1100EZ? Im gathering parts to swap heads to an 1150 head that, of course, doesn't have any tach drive.

I do have a GS1150 gauge set and wiring harness if that would be easier to mod to work.

Thanks!
    1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

fwiw, i fitted a gsxr gauge set to my 1100 es, mech speedo and electronic tach, required some massaging of the wiring and a bracket that i fabbed up, but pretty easy and looks like it belongs.
    1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
      fwiw, i fitted a gsxr gauge set to my 1100 es, mech speedo and electronic tach, required some massaging of the wiring and a bracket that i fabbed up, but pretty easy and looks like it belongs.
      That's a good idea too. I haven't really set the gs1150 gauges next to my gs1100 gauges to see how close the wiring is.
      Honestly, most of the "information/warning lights" on my gs cluster I could do without anyhow. I like the turn signal, high beam, gear indicator, and maybe the kickstand warning light.
      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Originally posted by TxGSrider View Post
        Is there an electric tachometer that can be fitted into an 82/83 gauge cluster... or is it very hard to modify a GS1150 gauge cluster to work on my 82 GS1100EZ? Im gathering parts to swap heads to an 1150 head that, of course, doesn't have any tach drive.

I do have a GS1150 gauge set and wiring harness if that would be easier to mod to work.

Thanks!
        I'm running a Trail Tech Vapor computer on my 1100E. Took some fiddling to get the tach working properly but now that I have it there it is working very well. You can get a small additional 'dashboard' that goes around the Vapor body and has indicator lights for turn signals, high beam, low oil pressure and neutral. I used the handlebar mount for this year while testing it and making sure everything works as expected. I plan to take the OEM gauge cluster off this winter and permanently mount the Vapor in its place for next season.

Mark
        1982 GS1100E
        1998 ZX-6R
        2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

Doing the same thing in the next couple of weeks - 1150 Gauges on 1100E... Luckily spares mountain has provided me with a number of options

will keep you posted
          78 GS1000C- Now sporting 1100E suspension and numerous goodies
          82 GS750E/82 1100E/ GSXR Frankenstein bike completed
          83 1100E "rescue bike" saved from the barn
          2008 Bking - Torque Torque Torque
          Next project slowly coalescing

Comment

Working...
          X