No announcement yet.

Influencing the grandkids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been called "bumpa' for nine years now. Got one of each, i do a ton of bicycle riding with them. My son drag races bikes with me, never thought he would want to do it with me, i raced from '90 to '97. He dragged me back into it in '07.
    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post
      Thanks for that.

Yesterday my next door neighbour had his 11 y0 granddaughter visiting.

Apart from being a delightful man on his own, and wonderful to have as a neighbour, he is a VERY proud grandfather.

I rode into the driveway just as they came out of the house. He introduced us then asked me to take her for a ride. We had a spare helmet so she undid her pony-tail and put on the helmet and wrapped her arms around me for the whole time..

We went for a short ride through some city streets, a little over a mile in total. As we rode back towards home the street was clear so I added a tiny twist of throttle in 2nd.....just enough to let get the bike to push forward sharply.

When her granddad asked her if she liked the ride she said she loved it, especially that quick bit of acceleration.

She immediately told her mother she wants to ride a motorcycle when she gets a old enough to drive and the smile she had was great to see.
      That's awesome! Now I guarantee every time she goes to see her grandpa she'll ask to see if the neighbor is home and maybe go for a ride. That memory will be with her for life.
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

we've got flowers coming up.... it could still snow again but the kids love being outside.

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

That's a classic for the family photo album Eli.
          1979 GS1000
          1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

If you want to make the grandkids laugh... buy them this book. I've yet to find a kid who didn't love it... (and love setting new adults up with it).

1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Wonderful Pics Redman! Thanks for sharing.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

As a grandfather ("Papa") I have found that need be mature and present an air of dignity and authority.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

.... and if have pizza-bag-hat with one grandkid, need to do it with the other grandkid also.

Last edited by Redman; 07-22-2017, 08:46 PM. Reason: dern photobucket.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Had the 3 year old with us for a day and a half.

She wasnt interested in "sitting on the motorcycle" nor "wanna beep the horn"....

We did have fun doing other things at park and back yard.

Comment

I have the 3 year old here for the day.
                      Today she wanted to show me that she was big enought to get on motorcycle her self (okay okay, I asked her if she thought she was big enought to get on the motorcycle hereself)

Yep

And we had a good time at the playground and the park.

Now that we had our lemonade break, Papa needs a nap.

Comment

Wonderful pics Redman. Thank you for sharing.

Ed

EDIT: wow! I made the same comment before!
                        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Evening bycycle ride, including ice cream stop.

See, this is difference between own kids and grandkids.
                          30-35 years ago I would have been annoyed with the kid slopping melted icecream around.
                          Now I am laughing and taking pictures and having a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                            Thanks Ed.
                            (your PM box is full).

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                              Thanks Ed.
                              (your PM box is full).
                              Sorry bro...I know you appreciate my comments.

Ed
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Three year old holding the fender extension in place.
                                Took me more than 30 seconds to get the bolts and spacer and washers and nuts..... and she was gone.
                                Six year old was interested in the ratchet wrench.

Six year old did participate some.

Comment

Working...
                                X