No announcement yet.

Useless knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. I always thought "L" stood for Laverne.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post
      As on old drag racer I thought it meant Go Straight.

Yeah, if you can turn, you're going too slow.
      I'd call this one a winner !

Comment

One of the ways to make them faster is to add some Rs to the name. The Honda CBR900RR had three Rs in the name, and it is faster than a GS. I may get some R stickers for mine. Maybe just stick one on at first, until I can get used to the extra speed.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Group Sounds and Japanese Garage Bands!
          By 1967, nearly 30 new bands with mod names like the Spiders, the Tempters, the Carnabeats, the Jaguars, and the Tigers made their record debuts. The top GS groups had enormous popularity in Japan with wild scenes of Beatlemania-like hysteria greeting them at concerts and following them wherever they went.

A quintessential GS song can be characterized by its slightly dissonant melodies and a tendency to go from a straight ahead pop or beat number to an over-the-top, fuzzed-out screaming psychedelic rave up—sometimes all within the same song!
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Thru watching a members you tube video asking a question, I got sucked into watching some train wreck GS bobber projects.
            In one video the narrator shows off his GS whatever cafe bobber project, and with full authority states that the GS refers to the Gear Shaft of his (G) bike. Im convinced.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Then What does KZ mean? or CB?
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
              X