No announcement yet.

Gs550 scrambler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it turns out like your cb750 we are all in for a treat.

Comment

Ha thanks dohc .here's a picture of her received_1330473713660081.jpg

Comment

Cool, looking forward to it.

Your pics are tiny, maybe step up the size one notch?
        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
        #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
        #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

How do I do that

Comment

Originally posted by Yozzer74 View Post
            How do I do that
            If you want to spend the time, you could upload the pictures to a dedicated image hoster (I myself use http://imgur.com/). After uploading, the hoster will display various codes which you can use to embed your image on various forums, web-pages etc.
            For the GSR forums, you need to use "BBCode". Simply copy-paste the code.

I usually choose to embed an around medium sized thumbnail, with the option to click on it to get the full size image.
            #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
            #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here

Comment

You can simply click his pictures as well. They get bigger. I think having to use a hosting site is stupid and nothing more than a way for outside entities to have a look at everyones photos. Ill keep hating the one pic per post rule thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DohcBikes View Post
                You can simply click his pictures as well. They get bigger.
                That's way too hard.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

You can simply click his pictures as well. They get bigger. (...)
                  You can simply click his pictures as well. They get bigger. (...)
                  That's way too hard.
                  I need to be more explicit around you old farts...

That's obviously what one tries first. They go from post stamp size to business card size. (except one) So...

Maybe I should get me one of them potatoputers with a whoppin' 1024x768 on 17".

(...) I think having to use a hosting site is stupid and nothing more than a way for outside entities to have a look at everyones photos
                  Hosting all pictures on the GSR would enlargen the bill significantly, methinks. Also, you're already showing your pictures to random strangers on the interwebs...?

Anyway, not to derail the thread further. Looking forward to watch the build progress.

Comment

Hi been a while since I last posted should have a decent update soon . Just a quick question does anyone know if a exhaust off a gs550 katana will fit my gs550 ex I've seen a Marvin pipe in black for the katana . But I've only seen chrome ones for my model . Cheers in advance

Comment

A Katana pipe will certainly fit the cylinder head, and I'm almost (but not 100%) sure that the silencer will fit ok. If it doesn't fit exactly, it shouldn't be too hard to fabricate a bracket. There's a new UK member here who has a 550EX, or maybe EZ, that has a full Kat system fitted. If you can find him (I can't remember his name right now), he would know if it is an exact fit.
                      1980 GS550ET

Comment

So a little bit of progress had wheels powder coated and tyres fitted IMG_0116.jpg

Comment

Also had some work done on frame rear loop done rear mudguard brackets made and rear guard electrics tray done and a seat base made also had some work done on petrol tank had a monza cap welded on and the tank pared were the petrol flap cover was IMG_1322.jpg

Comment

IMG_1326.jpgPicture of rear mudguard and brackets

Comment

Also did some polishing on forks wanting a satin finish on them IMG_1348.jpg

Comment

Picture of we're m unit will be mounted under seat and cdi IMG_1323.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X