No announcement yet.

Gs550 scrambler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So that's about we're I am at min . I've been reading a lot about reg/rec and I'm going to get the sh775 . Does anyone no were I could get one from in U.K. If not in the I will have to buy one from US . Were would be best place to buy one in US thanks . Should have more updates in next week or so

Comment

Been a while but bikes coming along .managed to find some spoke wheels for it.had them powder coated and stainless spokes .working on wiring m unit up.also had a exhaust made .Resized_20171114_133329.jpg

Comment

Looking good, nice welds!
        1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
        1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

What model are the intake filters, and where did you get them?

Nice looking progress.
          #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
          #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
          #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
          #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
            What model are the intake filters, and where did you get them?

Nice looking progress.
            Hi got the filters off eBay they are for the gs550.cheers

Comment

https://youtu.be/y25Qy-q9zI8 here's a link to bike running. A little rough.but running

Comment

Originally posted by Yozzer74 View Post
                Hi got the filters off eBay they are for the gs550.cheers
                K&N RC-2382 by chance?
                #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
                  K&N RC-2382 by chance?
                  Yes there the ones

Comment

Hey Yozzer, I'm doing a scrambler build on a 81 gs550 as well. Not sure if you found any rear shocks yet but I bought some 340mm piggy back shocks on eBay. They are a cheaper brand but my buddy runs them on his bikes and they do really well. Also I was wondering what your spoke wheels came off of? I'd like to switch from the mags also

Comment

Originally posted by DukeTamalco View Post
                      Hey Yozzer, I'm doing a scrambler build on a 81 gs550 as well. Not sure if you found any rear shocks yet but I bought some 340mm piggy back shocks on eBay. They are a cheaper brand but my buddy runs them on his bikes and they do really well. Also I was wondering what your spoke wheels came off of? I'd like to switch from the mags also
                      There off a gs550 front and gs750 rear .I was told they only did rear disc brake with spokes for one year .I did get some shocks for it just bought some hagons. Are you in UK lad I got wheels off had a couple of sets .

Comment

Okay glad you found some shocks and no sir I'm located in the US. I look fwd to following your build.

Comment

I've got the chance of doing a 675 head swap.would you guys recommend it and what's the benefits of it thanks mike

Comment

In a nutshell, the extra power of the 650 (don't recall the exact hp increase, 49 to 70ish?, but it's significant) with the benefit of a 6-speed box.
                            1980 GS550ET

Comment

Originally posted by steveb922 View Post
                              In a nutshell, the extra power of the 650 (don't recall the exact hp increase, 49 to 70ish?, but it's significant) with the benefit of a 6-speed box.
                              So it's a worthwhile mod to do then .would I need the 650 carbs ??

Comment

received_1381551411949443.jpg well went a head and bought the 650 Kat engine

Comment

Working...
                                X