[b]Split Ring Hangers (WOoHoO!!) [/b]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[b]Split Ring Hangers (WOoHoO!!) [/b]

Mentioned these on here in the wrenching thread.
    I found them at Lowe's in the plumbing section. They range from $1 to about $2.50.

I used them (A 1" inch) around frame and (2"inch) around exhaust with a 3/8" cut piece of all-thread in the middle. On my exhaust mount they're back to back and tightened until straight. They are VERY sturdy/solid.

The one side is threaded for the 10-24 bolts that hold these together. I've added acorn nuts and a washer to each end (since pics).

I am posting in "Tips" because they have other uses I am making a mount (for my GPS) using a 3/4", a 3/8th rod, stuffed into the cut metal tube of a $1 one dollar -store "selfie stick" (total cost about $3.
    I painted the exhaust hanger with 2000F rustoleum, it sort of has rubbed off some but good!
    Here's some pics to share that I've finally loaded , Thanks. :
    (Random order because potobucket nonsense and wife P'd ATM):
    Split Ring Hanger Stuff:

I use those for work on occasion. Keep in mind hangers for steel or galvanized pipe have a larger i.d. then those for the same sized copper pipe.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
      I use those for work on occasion. Keep in mind hangers for steel or galvanized pipe have a larger i.d. then those for the same sized copper pipe.
      I used a string wrapped around (whatever), and tied knots to mark diameter[EDIT:Circumference.i meant, whatever]. then I wrapped the pipe nearby and checked the hangers' fit (in the store).

I was lucky because they worked out perfect. My handlebars are 1" and the 3/4" hanger fits, but I'll use a rubber inner-tube also (to prevent movement/scratching bars).
      The exhaust has a piece of stainless wrapped around (cut scrap-metal), so the 2" hanger fit is tight there.

I *might* use two (think 1 1/4"(?)) on each fork and use 3/8" all-thread to mount my fairing differently soon.

I saw one of these at work , on a sprinkler pipe (that's what they're for a lot), very sturdy since they suspend sprinkler pipe...Got idea to look while in the Lowe's.
      I had one better pic (Of making/painting the clamp) but can't find it now...URGH!
      Gotta go rest for now...(forgive me, I typed post too fast/sloppy punctuation).
      Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X