No announcement yet.

1997 Yamaha yzf1000 Thunderace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the same set-up on my old ZX9R - pretty sure I just removed all the pipes and capped them. It's just a bypass from the normal cooling channels so plugging them up wont harm anything.
    Current:
    Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
    VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
    And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
      Ill look at the fzr stuff tomorrow, it doesn't have that crap maybe you can convert to the fzr cooling system?
      You are right. Yours is super similar. It has a lot less clutter.

Comment

That'd be the way to go if it were me, oem is usally the best
        I build Pipers

Comment

So yesterday, I got the barbed bits, a coupler. Then I soldered them together. I found that one side is a 1/4'' and the other side is a 5/16''.
          Used my 40 mile commute to and from work as a test ride and she did fine until I got some junk stuck in one of the idle jets. Cleaned that back out after getting home. Need to get a better fuel filter tomorrow. My new bearings and dust seals for the front, back wheels and the sprocket carrier came in. I also got the oil pan gasket. I'm still waiting on the clutch fiber plates, the clutch cover gasket and shifter springs. Want to do all that at the same time.

Comment

How much was that gasket if you don't mind?
            I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
              How much was that gasket if you don't mind?
              $11.99 with $8 shipping. I found its easier to search for the oem part number on ebay than just by the bike you have. A lot of stuff will cross over. Very helpful when they only made my version of the yzf for one year.

Comment

Got the new bearings and seals installed. It was creepy quite without the front wheel squealing every so often.
                Removed the belly pan in preparation for the clutch/ oil pan. I wont have a day off until friday and I want to get her done in one night.
                Something else I found out is my home made bike table is very sketchy with my 81 cr450 on it. I think I'm spoiled now that I haft to do everything stooped over this thing or sitting on a cooler. lol

Comment

Had 2 days off work in a row. This is what I did today.

Comment

Got the rest of the bike painted. I'm going to leave it as is until I can find a better headlight setup or the stock full fairing.

Comment

Thats looking, good man. Now that i sold my gs i think im about to go full force on the fzr.
                      I build Pipers

Comment

Working...
                      X