Thread: 2017 Western States Tom Murphy memorial rally Yosemite! July 28-31, 2017

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2017 Western States Tom Murphy memorial rally Yosemite! July 28-31, 2017

Putting this out for any interest. I posted a little too late last year, and most people from this area went to the northwest rally. We will include Yosemite in the ride, as it's close by and a great place to ride...beautiful roads and absolutely amazing scenery. Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, and the Sierras are all in our back yard. We will host from our house in Smith, Nevada. Plenty of room for bikes and RV's... 6 1/2 acres of land, a 50' x 50' workshop for all the toys, 3 RV areas with water and power. You could even bring your dirt toys as there are hundreds of miles of trails literally just outside our door. Post up if you might be interested.
    We are locked in for the weekend of July 28-31. As in the past, most people pitch a tent and stay at my place. You can ship you tent and sleeping bag to me ahead of time, so that it will be here for you and you don't have to pack gear on your bike. There are also rooms available about 20 minutes away at the topaz lodge www.topazlodge.com. I work there, and can get you a deal on a room if you want to stay there. There is also plenty of room for your RV or camper at my place if you want to do that.

The riding will be spectacular! I will post up some routes and a ride schedule soon.

Edit 4/17/17: Once we get closer to the event and have a close head count, we'll figure out a meal plan for the food and drink we will consume at the house, and divide up the costs. It works out to be very cheap. Typically burgers and hot dogs Thursday night as people roll in, breakfast/dinner Friday, a BBQ event Saturday night, maybe breakfast Sunday morning here at the house or at the Topaz Lodge, pizza Sunday night, and a light breakfast Monday morning for departure. We'll make lunch stops on the road, which everyone will pay for themselves.

Attending:

Charlie G
    Mitch
    chef1366
    Sandy
    Gustov
    Joe Garfield
    kent
    Wallowgreen
    Conner
    Jeff

On the fence:

posplayr
    Jedz123
    rustybronco
    Last edited by renobruce; Yesterday at 11:00 AM.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast