Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Western States Tom Murphy memorial rally Yosemite! July 28-31, 2017

I can't commit yet, but I've got some interest (I just relocated to SoCal). My company has alternate Fridays off, so if it's on one of those weekends there's a higher probability of me making it.
    Joe G
    '82 Suzuki GS1100G
    '16 Suzuki GSX-S1000F

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Garfield View Post
    I can't commit yet, but I've got some interest (I just relocated to SoCal). My company has alternate Fridays off, so if it's on one of those weekends there's a higher probability of me making it.
    It would be great to have you! I try and plan the date around all the other activities that happen around here in the summer...golf tournaments, festivals, Hot August Nights, etc. I'll do some checking, but probably the best dates will be the weekend of July 7th or July 14th.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Quote Originally Posted by renobruce View Post
    It would be great to have you! I try and plan the date around all the other activities that happen around here in the summer...golf tournaments, festivals, Hot August Nights, etc. I'll do some checking, but probably the best dates will be the weekend of July 7th or July 14th.
    Well I'd say that gives me a 50/50 shot Obviously I'm not asking or making requests as to which weekend; I might have some PTO to use if needed.
    Joe G
    '82 Suzuki GS1100G
    '16 Suzuki GSX-S1000F

Feel free to ride whatever you want. All bikes welcome! This is my wife Kelley's ride:

Fender Eliminator.jpg
    ...and_here's_mine_
    Joe G
    '82 Suzuki GS1100G
    '16 Suzuki GSX-S1000F

Nice ride!!
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

I just realized how much of an a$$ I'd be if I missed this.
    Joe G
    '82 Suzuki GS1100G
    '16 Suzuki GSX-S1000F

How far out is Las Vegas from this? I'm considering flying in and either renting or bumming a bike for the weekend. Whats the date??? July should work better for me. I'll be sitting on over 8 weeks of time off and I'll need to use some. Might even ride out but not sure if I'll be able to take 2+ weeks off at once.

Following intently!
    17 HD XG750A Street-Rod
    15 Suzuki TU250X - The Tuxman SCR250
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 - Ole' Faithful
    13 Infiniti G37 S New aged "Z" Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.
    2017 North East Green Mountain Rally
    2017 North East Green Mountain Rally on FACEBOOK

I just realized how much of an a$$ I'd be if I missed this.
    See if you can find out which weekends you are off in July and let me know.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Quote Originally Posted by Jedz123 View Post
    How far out is Las Vegas from this? I'm considering flying in and either renting or bumming a bike for the weekend. Whats the date??? July should work better for me. I'll be sitting on over 8 weeks of time off and I'll need to use some. Might even ride out but not sure if I'll be able to take 2+ weeks off at once.

Following intently!

Looking at the weekend of July 7th or July 14th.
    Reno is much closer to me than Vegas. Reno is about 80 miles and Vegas is about 400 miles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_Valley,_Nevada https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sm....3482646?hl=en
    What I've done in the past for all the out of town people is offered to let them ship their gear/clothes/sleeping bags/tents, etc. to me so that they don't have to haul a bunch of stuff on their bikes. Then ship it back to them after the rally.
    We'd love to have you!
    Last edited by renobruce; 12-13-2016 at 12:03 PM.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Looking at the weekend of July 7th or July 14th.
    Reno is much closer to me than Vegas. Reno is about 80 miles and Vegas is about 400 miles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_Valley,_Nevada https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sm....3482646?hl=en
    What I've done in the past for all the out of town people is offered to let them ship their gear/clothes/sleeping bags/tents, etc. to me so that they don't have to haul a bunch of stuff on their bikes. Then ship it back to them after the rally.
    We'd love to have you!
    Like I said I'd likely Fly. Smith Valley is 3K miles from my Driveway so 6K miles before riding on the rally... Might think about doing this with the bike but 6 Iron butt rides is a ALOT. I'm looking at bike rentals and flying as long as the pricing isnt through the moon.

Thanks! I'd love to come!
    17 HD XG750A Street-Rod
    15 Suzuki TU250X - The Tuxman SCR250
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 - Ole' Faithful
    13 Infiniti G37 S New aged "Z" Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.
    2017 North East Green Mountain Rally
    2017 North East Green Mountain Rally on FACEBOOK