Jerry Savoie!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerry Savoie!!!!

The new Pro Stock Motorcycle champion is NOT from the team that has their own rulebook!!!!!
    Ray.

I agree glad to see a Suzuki back on top . Probably be some rule book changes next year since the Suzuki's have gotten competitive again. For now Hooray! for the alligator man.
    sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

👍👍👍 three thumbs up for the WAR team shows what hard work and perseverance can do.
      sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
      1994 gsxr1100w
      1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

I went and read up on him. Wow-cool guy. Didn't even begin racing until he was 52? I love that!
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Not bad for a 30+ year old motor design with 2 valves and 53 less cubic inches than the Harleys"Buells". I strongly think they should update the rules to allow more modern designs like the ZX14 and 'Busa, and end the V&H stranglehold on the class and the rules..
          sigpic
          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
          1983 GS1100e
          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
          1980 GS1260
          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

V&H would still show up winning, they'd just go back to Suzukis to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
              V&H would still show up winning, they'd just go back to Suzukis to do it.
              Pretty sure there is some BIG money being shipped to V&H from Milwaukee....
              sigpic
              1983 GS1100e
              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
              1980 GS1260

Comment

NHRA.... No Harley Rules Anticipated.

Several years ago my nephew was an engineer at Hardly Developed and emailed to say Harley announced they had given a million dollars to Byron Hines to put HD into drag racing.

The word around the pits was it was more like 4 million. Hines developed.. an engine that the rule books said had to be made available to others. Paul Gast tried to buy one and Hines refused to sell him one. Ergo NHRA

Byron did lot to advance bike drag racing and has also ruined it to a degree.

Comment

A few years ago i remember reading the same thing about George Bryce and Star Racing.
                  Wanted to buy a V&H V-Rod but hey would not sell to him.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Byron did lot to advance bike drag racing and has also ruined it to a degree.

Comment

I am a proud Suzuki owner - and have been waiting for this day to return. good for us - and next year would be nice too - river not rising and good lord willing. ( or a new rule change)
                      SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

Originally posted by gs11ezrydr View Post
                        I agree glad to see a Suzuki back on top . Probably be some rule book changes next year since the Suzuki's have gotten competitive again. For now Hooray! for the alligator man.
                        me too and await their return to the top

Comment

Hey Ray, your pm box is full.
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Last week was an all-Suzuki final, Savoie and LE Tonglet. Time to add some weight to the Suzukis......
                            sigpic
                            1983 GS1100e
                            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                            1980 GS1260

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                              Last week was an all-Suzuki final, Savoie and LE Tonglet. Time to add some weight to the Suzukis......
                              With the added Top Fuel Harley class, maybe the NHRA is giving the Pro Stock class back to the inline fours. Just a thought, I don't keep up on the NHRA much anymore.
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                              X