Dom 'Scotty" Scotto has passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Dom, aka Scotty.

I never met him, but his posts on here kept many of us in stitches.
    He always had a way about him, not mean at all.
    I loved his recipes he shared with me. How he made his own corned beef and deli style pickles.
    Just a really great guy that had a positive outlook.

I read about his passing last night and was stunned.
    I'm sure he's already up there looking for the kitchen or a Ruben sandwich!

Godspeed Scotty!
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

RIP, Mr. Scotto.
      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

This sucks. What a character he was. One of the originals here.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

This news hurts.

Dom and Rocky were some of my favourite people. While we never met, there were a lot of very personal exchanges and I felt quite close to them.

I missed meeting him in 2004, when I was in Florida, and, as life changed, I kept having to put off return trips. I was hoping to return next year, and then see them.

RIP, Dom. You were a very good man as a rider and GSR member, and a very good husband to Hazel.
          "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

When I lived in south Fl, Scotty and I used to meet up, shoot the breeze and grab some grub on week ends in Sebring, the halfway point between us. About the time I moved north and was closer, Scotty wasn't riding much and we got together less and less and then he quit riding. I hadn't seen him in a few years now. He was a character all right. heh RIP old friend.
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I was lucky enough to have lunch twice with Dom and Hazel two summers ago. I was working in Sarasota and drove up to see them. So grateful I did.

Comment

One of the originals...

RIP Dom

Comment

Condolences to his family and friends. Wish I coulda tried some of those smoked meats. The pics he posted here made my mouth water....
                  82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Just saw notice of his passing on Facebook (Thanks, Hap!). Too soon for a really nice guy and real character! I had the chance to meet and ride with him twice, years ago. You'll be missed, Scotty - enjoy the twisties "up there!"

Comment

Was this Slowpoke ?
                      1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                      1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                      1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                      1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                      01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake View Post
                        Was this Slowpoke ?
                        Yes, it was.

Through the years Scotty had several monikers.
                        "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                        Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Wow that's hard to believe.

Years ago he sent me a clutch basket and didn't want much money for it but I still paid him more, he didn't want it but I told him to go out and have a nice dinner.

He was a great guy !
                          Last edited by RacingJake; 12-05-2016, 01:25 AM.
                          1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                          1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                          1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                          1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                          01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Yes, he had a good heart. Years ago I mentioned I dumped my bike, (a low speed "fall over" at a gas station), and broke a signal light. He sent me a spare he had up here to Canada! Again, he said he didn't want anything for it. I sent him the postage. RIP Scotty.
                            Kevin
                            E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                            "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                            Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Dom.... Buddy.... What a blast you were.
                              When I first came to this site, Scotty did not believe I was a real person. Boy, did he test me! He even made up a false profile of some raggedy chick... Can't remember the name he called her...
                              Then we met up in Missouri @ the First Annual GSR Rally. Dave (RIP) held it. Lots of you were there. Scotty & I became very good friends...
                              Miss Scotto, but, he & Dave are having a blast!
                              Save me a seat.......... Please.....

Comment

That's okay Patti folks seem to develop 'dysphasic co-occurring paradigm schism' around here... they're not sure what's real and often confuse their bikes with their wives.

I didn't know Scotty that much but it's easy to tell how big his heart was, equaled only by his capacity for mischief.
                                "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                                X