Project TacoCart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Do what? Complete an art project? As a motorcycle, its ruined.
    http://motorcycleviews.com/pictures/pic0022c.htm No, this is a ruined motorcycle. Look at the sum of the 550's parts. Light weight, cg low, modern brakes, carbs and suspension. Before it gets written off, how does it go down the road? At the end of the day, are the chicken strips gone? Is the owner having fun? Every bodies idea of what is a sweet ride is different, including you and me. This is my next project. Totally stock,NEVER touched. I bought a brand new 79 GS1000S when I first started in the bike biz. I butchered it to start roadracing. Wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world, but I want one back. I have all the oem trinkets to turn this into a 1000S. It wont be original, and I will get roasted for "destroying" a perfect example but it's what I like. Plus, Ill save all the stock stuff and turn it back if needed or so desired.
    Attached Files
    Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
    Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
    Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

CB550 that will outperform that art project like its from another galaxy and has magic powers

ohio+005.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by DohcBikes View Post
        Do what? Complete an art project? As a motorcycle, its ruined.
        The lack of bracing around that tree makes it a no-no just for that.

Comment

Geez, talk about skewing off topic

Welcome aboard TC, it's your bike build it.

Go down to Projects and start your thread

And, learn how to post big pictures
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Everybody has their own opinion, including yours. Do what you want to it if it makes you happy. Just don't expect to turn around and sell it for the money you'll have in it. Welcome aboard and good luck.
            Current Bikes:
            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

thanks for all the replys. Everyone has a dream. Make that dream happen, not someone else's dream. I'm just making the changes I feel it needs. As much as I like a stock bike, even if I bought a stock bike, I would immediately begin customizing it. But I see the good in keeping the old preserved. Just not this one.

Comment

Update- 12/04

Im currently doing the fab work for the seat. I got the pipes wrapped up. I'm offering the rear brakes. Now I want to put on a 530 chain and sprocket conversion.
                Attached Files

Comment

What kind of tires do you have that help that bike stick to the wall like that?

Even MORE impressive, ... it's only ONE tire and the centerstand holding the bike to the wall.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I'm trying to figure out rear shocks. What size do I look for? I'm probably gonna go with Race Tec eventually but wanted something low key till then. Amy ideas?

Comment

I took the rear wheel off and set the bike on a toolbox.

Comment

Working...
                      X