1982 gs1100l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs1100l

hey guys, am new to the gs world and was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between my gs1100l and the 1100 e, gl.... etc....

ive been looking on a few forums and cant really find anything about the gs1100l, theres plenty og info on the other models but not really for the L model

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

does my link work!? ive never been good with computers!!

Comment

Your link probably works, but I don't do Facebook.

Your GS1100L is actually a GS1100GL, but for some reason, Suzuki never put the G on the side covers.

Welcome to the forum, but this particular area is for questions about the forum itself, not for any questions about the bikes.

Feel free to introduce yourself on the GS Owners area, and ask any questions you need in the appropriate areas.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Shaft or chain?

Comment

shaft, did these bikes come with a chain!?

Comment

No, the only chain is the one that drives the cams.

There was one 1100L with a chain, but it was in 1980 only, and it had a 16-valve engine.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

The 'G' and 'GL' models were similar, with a few key differences being the fuel tank, seat, handlebars, and forks. The 'E' models looked more like the 'G' models for older model years, but became a bit more sporty looking. The 'E' models had 16 valves and a chain driven wheel.

Comment

one of my main consernes is, are the carbs, fork seal, selenoid, tranny.....etc all the same thing!?

Comment

Originally posted by benoit View Post
                  one of my main consernes is, are the carbs, fork seal, selenoid, tranny.....etc all the same thing!?
                  again, most Ls are actaully GL, but the side covers only have the L.

Yes, most all the engine and major compnets between G and GL are the same.
                  THe differences are in the styling like the tank and the seat and handlebars. And the GL fenders are chrome. And other styling differences.
                  Both the 8 valve engine, both shaft drive.

The Es are lot different engine (16 valve) and chain drive.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

ok cool, thanks for the info guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by benoit View Post
                      hey guys, am new to the gs world and was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between my gs1100l and the 1100 e, gl.... etc....

ive been looking on a few forums and cant really find anything about the gs1100l, theres plenty og info on the other models but not really for the L model

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
                      very nice

Comment

Working...
                      X