Top end oiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top end oiler

Saw this on Ebay. PM'd the seller, he will be selling these regularly now. I had considered doing this myself, but the fittings and hose alone are close to the bolt it on and go price.
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

be careful running base stainless line; hose will wear right through anything it touches. The teflon coated stuff does not abrade.

The rails usually push much less oil to the exhaust which is where it is needed most, so this approach would provide equal flow to both. The other war is to run the rails backward with the oil feeding the exhaust first.

Comment

I'm pretty new to this, but how necessary is this kit? What are the "qualifications" before it becomes "necessary"?
      1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

One of our members here was making his own kits. Greg I believe. I also believe he swore off making more because of the work involved and minimal profit. Hopefully he's still around and will chime in regarding this ebay kit.

Running four lines eliminates the need for the the oil distribution bars that connect the two feed ports on the side of the head, thus the machining required is minimized. Jim is correct in mentioning how abrasive the outer stainless sheath can be. I've never seen teflon coated on the outside, just vinyl. I believe the inner liner for the line is teflon though. Same stuff as used for brake lines.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
          One of our members here was making his own kits. Greg I believe. I also believe he swore off making more because of the work involved and minimal profit. Hopefully he's still around and will chime in regarding this ebay kit.

Running four lines eliminates the need for the the oil distribution bars that connect the two feed ports on the side of the head, thus the machining required is minimized. Jim is correct in mentioning how abrasive the outer stainless sheath can be. I've never seen teflon coated on the outside, just vinyl. I believe the inner liner for the line is teflon though. Same stuff as used for brake lines.
          Yea, PVC vinyl cover, teflon inner.

Centric Parts Big Brake Kits are the Ultimate High Performance Brake Upgrades, giving Vehicles that supercar performance, look and feel. Learn more.

Comment

Ok, but what level of modifications to the motor are needed before this modification is recommended?
            1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

I put them on ALL of the performance 1100s & 1150s I build. They put more oil on the cams & rocker arms, helping extend their lives. The BEST benefit I have found with them is that the additional oil helps COOL the valve springs, making them live longer too!
              Ray.

Comment

Just for grins I priced the stuff from Summit to make these with -6 AN fittings and braided nylon hose. Using an AN to NPT TEE at the oil adapter, one hose to each side to a TEE and 90* fittings, -6 to 14mm adapters at the head total parts cost was $184. I would rather do the $139 one. BTW he will do blue fittings as well. I think -4 lines will deliver more than enough oil, probably as much or more than 1 -6.

Ray, I'm still going to call you about a lockup clutch, but it's pretty far down the to-do list. I did score a buttoned pressure plate and a billet clutch basket recently.
                sigpic
                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                1983 GS1100e
                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                1980 GS1260
                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

You realize you loose your oil idiot light sensor, but can probably tap into the fitting for your temp gauge sensor.

Comment

i am looking at the same top end oiler kit, any more experience with these?
                    seem very well priced compared to other kits.
                    Current Bikes.... 81,1230Kat, 86,GSXR1100, 86,RG500,
                    The 80`s - Back in the days when men looked like women, women dressed like whores and the music F@#KING ROCKED!

Comment

I saw a really cool old Triumph over the weekend and noted the top end oiler setup it had. Don't think this will help you but it sure is neat....

Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Working...
                      X