db Customs CB1100RD Restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

db Customs CB1100RD Restomod

Thought I'd share my recent project that is just finishing up for my client in New Zealand. It's actually based on a 1983 Honda CB1100F.

Enjoy!

Just some more info:

This Honda CB1100RD, which is based on a 1983 Honda CB1100F, was built by db Customs for its customer in New Zealand. It features Öhlins USA suspension, Brembo brakes (front rotors, calipers, front RSC brake, and levers), SCULPTURE triple clamps, Keihin 39mm FCR flat slides, Dynatek Electronics 2000 Ignition with ACCEL Performance Group custom cut and fitted 8mm spiral core wires, Oz Racing wheels, Vince and Hyde (Brent Hyde) components (curved cam chain guide, rear chain tensioner, and race cam chains), oversized oil pickup, EBC clutch with Barnett springs, Jaygui-racing exhaust (Harrie van Limbeek), Nitro Racing rearsets and front carbon fiber fender, modified GSXR swinger (courtesy of JES BUILT Motorcycles), Supersprox rear sprocket and custom 9mm offset front sprocket, EK Chain - USA 530 chain, custom paint by Sketchs Ink (no decals, all paint!), Michelin PilotPower 2CT's, Spiegler Performance Parts brake lines and LSL clip-ons, and Koso Gauge. The engine is stock displacement with degreed cams. The bodywork, with the exception of the tank (which started out with several dents), is all aftermarket. No CB1100R was harmed in the making of this amazing restomod. The white paint used is actually from a Cadillac Escalade. The blue is based on the color from the CB1100RC, as felt it looked better than that used on the RD.

Comment

It's ok if you're into that kind of thing....
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I am, and I love it! Beautiful work.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dbCustoms View Post
          Just some more info:

This Honda CB1100RD, which is based on a 1983 Honda CB1100F, was built by db Customs for its customer in New Zealand. It features Öhlins USA suspension, Brembo brakes (front rotors, calipers, front RSC brake, and levers), SCULPTURE triple clamps, Keihin 39mm FCR flat slides, Dynatek Electronics 2000 Ignition with ACCEL Performance Group custom cut and fitted 8mm spiral core wires, Oz Racing wheels, Vince and Hyde (Brent Hyde) components (curved cam chain guide, rear chain tensioner, and race cam chains), oversized oil pickup, EBC clutch with Barnett springs, Jaygui-racing exhaust (Harrie van Limbeek), Nitro Racing rearsets and front carbon fiber fender, modified GSXR swinger (courtesy of JES BUILT Motorcycles), Supersprox rear sprocket and custom 9mm offset front sprocket, EK Chain - USA 530 chain, custom paint by Sketchs Ink (no decals, all paint!), Michelin PilotPower 2CT's, Spiegler Performance Parts brake lines and LSL clip-ons, and Koso Gauge. The engine is stock displacement with degreed cams. The bodywork, with the exception of the tank (which started out with several dents), is all aftermarket. No CB1100R was harmed in the making of this amazing restomod. The white paint used is actually from a Cadillac Escalade. The blue is based on the color from the CB1100RC, as felt it looked better than that used on the RD.
          This is what caught my eye. What a great item, seems as though all chain driven bikes should have a rear tensioner.

Also, beautiful workmanship there. Your customer should be happy with the results.
          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Flat out stunning ...
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
              This is what caught my eye. What a great item, seems as though all chain driven bikes should have a rear tensioner.

Also, beautiful workmanship there. Your customer should be happy with the results.
              The Honda has a spring loaded cam chain rear tensioner with no preload adjustment. The Vince and Hyde Racing rear tensioner unit that replaces it, is a manual tensioner.

Comment

Very nice. Great attention to detail. The rear shocks cost more than all my bikes combined though
                sigpic
                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                1983 GS1100e
                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                1980 GS1260
                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

The Honda has a spring loaded cam chain rear tensioner with no preload adjustment. The Vince and Hyde Racing rear tensioner unit that replaces it, is a manual tensioner.
                  Ha! You had me zooming in on all the photos trying to find a final drive chain tensioner

Very nice work.....for a Honda....
                  Current:
                  Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
                  VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
                  And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

I had to look it up...I thought you were referring to Vance & Hines. My bad. Gorgeous bike!

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                    Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Is that Hyde related to Norman Hyde? I have a Norman Hyde front brake and fork brace on one of my Commandos.
                      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Probably a long shot.
                        Brent Hyde is out of New Zealand.
                        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                        X