1150 intake cam in my 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150 intake cam in my 1100

I got ahold of a gs1150 intake cam to install in my 80 GS1100. What do I need for this installation? A slotted cam sprocket? Is it a straight drop in?

Advice appreciated.

Paul
    80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Why only a intake cam? Unless the exhaust is same as the 1100. Should drop straight in but slotted sprockets would be more ideal. We had a full set in our Kat race bike and was sort of claimed there equal to 1100 stage 1 yoshi cams.

Comment

Yep, the exhaust cam is the same. Apparently the 1150 intake cam is worth a few horsepower. I'm not sure if I have to dial in the new cam or not.

Waiting for an answer.
      80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

If you use the 1150 exhaust cam you will lose the tach drive gear.

Comment

you will want to degree the cam, I'm told by those more knowlegeable than myself that to not degree it is a waste of time. If you haven't done that before, it takes some figuring out, or it did for me, but it ain't rocket science. I have a few things that might be helpful, pm me if you want.
          1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Working...
          X