• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? tassles not included?
    1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Now I'm not confused, stage 1, exhaust, air cleaner. I'd say better than new. congrats again.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

29000 dollars????
        Dear lord thats 29 or more GS bikes
        1983 GS 550 LD
        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Tassles are for strippers not for bikes as far as im concerned. I didnt pay $29000, thats the new new price. Knock 7000 off that and you have the i want this bike gone price. I know its hight but its still less than a comparable HD and ill have 1/3 the maintenance costs. And i dont even have to spend 10 grand on chrome to make it an different

Comment

Thats a crazy deep discount good for you.
            1983 GS 550 LD
            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Damn... Big coin. But it is gorgeous!!! My dad's childhood friend has one and he LOVES it. Other then a H2 I can't think of a bike in that neck of the woods for price I'd want... I'm still too far off from the Cruiser thing. That bike is gorgeous... Stunning really.

Congratulations on your new purchase! Enjoy it!
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Congratulations. That looks like a nice ride. Wishing you lots of fun with it.

Comment

Thanks, I am sure I will. Wife and I will be riding around lake superior in aug. Sometimes you have to pay to play. Im still keeping my 78 gs1000 and 80 gs1000 cause I love those 2 bikes. In my opinion vintage Suzuki's cant be beat.

Comment

Nothing like a new bike, I've owned over 100 bikes in the 35 years I've been riding, and my first "new" bike was just last year when I bought a 2015 VMAX off the showroom floor. Nothing like walking into a dealership and plopping down 17K dollars CASH for a motorcycle!!!! That's a nice Injun too, I'd ride that before ANY Hardley Ableson, ride safe and enjoy!!!!!!
                    Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                    87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                    99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                    15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

I love the new Indians if for no other reason than they're a direct hit in the balls for H-D. The little Scout is a beautifully styled thing but all the reviews describe it as a 7/8ths scale cruiser... I'm not a 7/8ths scale rider so I'll likely never own one.
                      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I have to agree that the scout is really to small to be a viable touring bike. Its to range limited but for a smaller person in stature it's perfect. My wife is 5'1" and she fits on the scout nicely. I think the biggest prob indian has right now is a huge gap in their line up. They need a dyna or softtail style bike to fill the gap. I would have considered a hd with the new engine but in my opinion it is bot real world proven yet. Ill look at it in 3 or 4 years. From my pre purchase research the 111 engine has proven to be extremely reliable and maintenance free. I love my gs1000 but its kinda maint intensive. I change my oil every 1500 (cause im anal and oil is cheap insurance) and do my valves every 4000 like the manual says
                        Last edited by Guest; 01-16-2017, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Nice bike, great choice! Enjoy!
                          1978 GS1000E
                          1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
                          1981 GS1100E
                          1982 GS1100E
                          1982 GS1000SZ
                          1983 GS1100ED
                          1983 GS1100ESD
                          1978 Honda CB750K
                          1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

Indians are not my cup'o'tea style wise. I'm also not big on the full dressed touring cruiser either. I'd have to do something like a Vulcan Vaquero or Victory Magnum. but congrats on the bike. my newest bike was an 07 Vulcan 900 that I traded off for my 06 M109R.

Comment

I really gave the M109R consideration before I picked up my 07 roadstar a few years ago. Super nice bike but a windshield doesnt look right on it and its not really set up for hard bags. They would ruin the whole look of the bike. Its just not a long distance touring cruiser. It is a rocket though and i had a great time on it when intest rode it. Now thats just my opinion so dont be offended. Wife and i are planning on a trip around lake superior this summer and were going to need as much storage as we can get. Planning on a 15 day trip with a chick so im sure ill be carrying a bunch of her stuff to.

Comment

Originally posted by bomber737 View Post
                                I really gave the M109R consideration before I picked up my 07 roadstar a few years ago. Super nice bike but a windshield doesnt look right on it and its not really set up for hard bags. They would ruin the whole look of the bike. Its just not a long distance touring cruiser. It is a rocket though and i had a great time on it when intest rode it. Now thats just my opinion so dont be offended. Wife and i are planning on a trip around lake superior this summer and were going to need as much storage as we can get. Planning on a 15 day trip with a chick so im sure ill be carrying a bunch of her stuff to.

I agree. but the national cycle touring vstream actually looks right on the bike. I got one used off of m109riders.com and it really does the bike justice. I just need a nice day to do some high-speed wind deflection tests to see how well it does. and yes, I think most bags throw off the look of the bike. that's why I'm having a solo bag made for it. solos look really good on it

http://www.ham-design.se/kundhojar.html

Comment

Working...
                                X