1977 GS750e project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1977 GS750e project

So, I went down stairs and snapped some photos of the bike and some of the parts. I've read the other GS750 threads and know what I need to do first, carbs, stator/electrical, valves, then paint etc.

Not really sure if I want to change the bike that much, it would make a great cafe platform, but I'm thinking of doing some touring and it looks great the way it is I think.

IMG_1007.jpg This place looks like a bomb shelter the Swedes might of used during the Cold War

Side view

IMG_1008.jpg from the side, the blue light is my head lamp

Comment

IMG_1009.jpg Oil and grease who knows from where, but it's expected

Comment

IMG_1010.jpg speedo with KM per hour, not sure what I'm missing on the left side of the instruments

Comment

IMG_1011.jpg So these are not the original brakes, anyone have any idea what they could be off of?

Comment

IMG_1012.jpg definitely not the original swing arm, or someone went through a lot of trouble to get it chromed

Comment

IMG_1014.jpg The vin plate, for some reason the G looks really fishy to me like someone used a screw driver

Comment

IMG_1016.jpg The turn signals are really generic looking, but they work, inspection is a very serious thing here. I'd really like to get some different ones, if not original something small and round.

Comment

IMG_1020.jpg the air box is quite dirty, and the foam seal basically fell a part when I took out the cruddy air filter

Comment

IMG_1021.jpg Well after doing some reading here on the forum it was probably a bad idea to buy these. Anyone have at least some success with this brand?

Comment

IMG_1022.jpg first thing I'm doing is taking off this tacky crash bar, it's being kind of difficult

Comment

IMG_1015.jpg The wiring is going to be a mess, there's wires that were cut and not secured. However, the bike does run. When I bought it the electric starter worked, by day's end it was done too so I have to kick start it, but the headlight, turn signals, and indicator lights all work.

Comment

IMG_1017.jpg I really really hope there isn't a piece of a bolt lodged into the head of the exhaust.

Comment

IMG_1018.jpg I have no idea what the original air intake filter looks like but this one had yellow tape around half of it with a thin wire mesh laying on the inside, I need to take this out right?

Comment

IMG_1019.jpg Ah, a nice new K&N filter, fits nicely. It's quite obvious more air will be coming into the bike now, so naturally you'd want to get more fuel (bigger jet) but I pulled #1 plug and it was quite black, #4 was a decent tan color. I haven't gotten a deep socket to get the other plugs out for a reading. Also, I haven't seen what the main jets are yet. They've had to of been changed because the bike has a 4-1 which sounds nice, like, really good, maybe I'll get some video of it later.

Comment

Working...
                              X