79 GS750 Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 GS750 Cafe

I haven't been on this forum in quite a while, but I thought you might like to see my finished GS750 cafe. Unfortunately, I don't have any progress pics from working on it off and on over the past several years.

Turned out great, jp.
    I like the ratio of blacked out engine, exhaust and wheels with a bit of chrome.
    Classy looking.
    Where did you get the seat?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Very nicely done!
      I never gave a lot of thought to how cluttered handlebars are. The tidy switches and hidden wiring on yours look great.
      Last edited by dorkburger; 01-06-2017, 10:36 PM.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

That's one of the nicest cafe jobs I've seen. Really great attention to detail and some very nice custom items. Can you give some details on the handle bar LEDs, I'm guessing one is on/off and the other is signals? wondering how they work. As well would like to see a picture of the rear brake reservoir. I really like the fact you left the rear axle and nut, nice touch.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          Turned out great, jp.
          I like the ratio of blacked out engine, exhaust and wheels with a bit of chrome.
          Classy looking.
          Where did you get the seat?
          Thanks. I made the tail and seat pan out of fiberglass and carved the seat foam, then got a local upholsterer to make the vinyl cover

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
            That's one of the nicest cafe jobs I've seen. Really great attention to detail and some very nice custom items. Can you give some details on the handle bar LEDs, I'm guessing one is on/off and the other is signals? wondering how they work. As well would like to see a picture of the rear brake reservoir. I really like the fact you left the rear axle and nut, nice touch.
            Thanks very much. Handle bar LEDs? They're just regular switches, not illuminated or anything. The switches themselves are little universal switches from a local electronics shop and the little blocks they're mounted to are made buy a guy in Australia who sells them on eBay. Left side is the horn and turn signals, and the right side is the starter button and high/low beam. Kill switch is bypassed

Comment

Very nice build. Where are the instruments from?
              #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
              #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
              #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
              #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

I'm painting my engine too. What paint did you use? Any clear coat?

Paul
                80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Now that's a sweet ride!

Do you do any surfing? Considering your location, I've got a buddy who practically lives at Huntington Beach.

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Nice machine!

Why are there TSCC emblems?
                    1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
                    1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
                      Very nice build. Where are the instruments from?
                      Thanks, they are mini gauges from Parts Unlimited

Comment

Originally posted by nastyjones View Post
                        I'm painting my engine too. What paint did you use? Any clear coat?

Paul
                        www.gofastinnovations.com
                        Dupli-Color engine enamel spray paint. I've done a few engines with it now and been very happy with it. No clear coat

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                          Now that's a sweet ride!

Do you do any surfing? Considering your location, I've got a buddy who practically lives at Huntington Beach.

Ed
                          Actually, I don't. Weird, I know, when I live in 'surf city', but I'm too busy riding!

Comment

Originally posted by Fjbj40 View Post
                            Nice machine!

Why are there TSCC emblems?
                            Because I wasn't paying attention when I ordered them! Haha. It needed new ones and I saw those for a good price and it didn't cross my mind until I had already put them on

Comment

Originally posted by jpjenkins View Post
                              Actually, I don't. Weird, I know, when I live in 'surf city', but I'm too busy riding!
                              Not weird...I lived in Hawaii (Oahu) and never took up surfing...I kinda regret it. It wasn't till I got to Jacksonville, FL (in 2014) that I decided to give it a try.

Oh....and I grew up in LA but not near the ocean.

Your bike is spectacular...very handsome and original. I don't blame you riding all the time!

Ed
                              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Working...
                              X