No announcement yet.

79 GS750 Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is some excellent work, very nice looking cafe. I am currently building my own 78 GS750 EC cafe racer, I am at the frame welding stage.
    Just wondering if you had any trouble tuning the carbs without the airbox, I have heard it can be tricky and I don't want to run lean and drop a piston, but those pod filters look awesome on a cafe.

Justo

Comment

Is there no Killswitch requirement in CA?
      How does the throttle feel with only the one cable?
      1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
      1977 GS550
      1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Very nice. This is one of the classiest cafe builds I've seen. Not normally a fan, but when done right like this, they look awesome
        sigpic

Check out my rebuild thread here: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...GS-750-Rebuild

Comment

I love the switches! Do you happen to have the seller's info?

Comment

Absolutely outstanding build. Very nice work.

Comment

Very nice. Very nice.

I am working on a similar rebuild of my 79 GS850, and I am very interested in some of the mod's that you have done.

1. It looks like you have removed the choke cable from the handlebars. What have you done with it?

2. Where the tach and speedo plug 'n' play replacements of the old ones? (please say Yes)

And again. Nice conversion. Very inspiring

BR Michael

Comment

Great build, well done.
                May I ask about the rear sets and where the bracket holding them from the frame are from please?

Comment

Originally posted by Justo View Post
                  That is some excellent work, very nice looking cafe. I am currently building my own 78 GS750 EC cafe racer, I am at the frame welding stage.
                  Just wondering if you had any trouble tuning the carbs without the airbox, I have heard it can be tricky and I don't want to run lean and drop a piston, but those pod filters look awesome on a cafe.

Justo
                  I've heard a lot of people say they have problems running pod filters, but I've personally never had an issue with them. I've put them on every bike I've owned and while it takes some time to get them tuned right, I don't think it's that difficult. I almost always end up at a couple sizes larger on the pilot jets, a few sizes larger on the mains, and a shim or two for the needles, and reading the plugs to get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
                    Is there no Killswitch requirement in CA?
                    How does the throttle feel with only the one cable?
                    Kill switch requirement? I have no idea, but we don't have to get yearly inspections or anything, so I can't imagine anyone noticing.
                    The throttle cable doesn't feel any difference that I can tell. The return spring keeps plenty of tension on it.

Comment

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
                      I love the switches! Do you happen to have the seller's info?
                      They are from this seller in Australia

Comment

Originally posted by DKGS850 View Post
                        Very nice. Very nice.

I am working on a similar rebuild of my 79 GS850, and I am very interested in some of the mod's that you have done.

1. It looks like you have removed the choke cable from the handlebars. What have you done with it?

2. Where the tach and speedo plug 'n' play replacements of the old ones? (please say Yes)

And again. Nice conversion. Very inspiring

BR Michael
                        1. It never had a choke cable to the bars that I'm aware of. It has a basic lever on the side of the carbs to open and close. If that's not stock, maybe a previous owner changed it? I don't know
                        2. Yes, the tach and speedo were basically plug and play. Just had to make connections for the lighting wiring. They are mini gauges from parts unlimited. You just need to make sure to get them in the correct ratios.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradxbv8 View Post
                          Great build, well done.
                          May I ask about the rear sets and where the bracket holding them from the frame are from please?
                          They are made by Raask for this model, and the bracket came with them.

Comment

Originally posted by jpjenkins View Post
                            They are made by Raask for this model, and the bracket came with them.
                            Thank you JPJenkins.

Comment

Any Exhaust Videos?

Comment

Great post. Bike looks great and kinda down the same path i want to take mine. Lots of great info in the comments section that i was wondering about. Thanks for posting

Comment

Working...
                                X