Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Givi top case woes... (Technically it's a Kappa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Givi top case woes... (Technically it's a Kappa)

Hey guys
    My last Givi key for my top case broke... Could someone please point me in the right direction to fix? I guess I should be thankful I have over 150K miles on that case and both keys happened to get snagged and broke.
    The case still works so I can't just throw it out... Ha! I sound like you guys!
    Looking for some insight. Should I just get a new case? Is there a way to get a new key? It's a Monokey unit.
    Thanks!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Originally posted by jabcb
    You can get a replacement lockset from Givi.
    http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products...ase-components
    Thanks!!!!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Look at Shadonline.com if you decide to replace it -- I have one of their top cases and really like it...
      Currently in the Stable :
      2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
      1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
      - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

You'll find the Givi cases and their locks discussed ad nauseum on advrider.com. Thanks to a couple of helpful posts over there I discovered my local locksmith / keybar was able to make an office cabinet key fit perfectly. I think it cost around five quid.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
          You'll find the Givi cases and their locks discussed ad nauseum on advrider.com. Thanks to a couple of helpful posts over there I discovered my local locksmith / keybar was able to make an office cabinet key fit perfectly. I think it cost around five quid.
          Wait what? So $7ish bucks the locksmith can make a cabinet key for me that will work on the top case!?!?... OK Good to know!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
          X