Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attention: storm 64

storm 64 -

Could you please re-submit that photo of your bike? What year and model is it?

Apparently this is the second time this year a "Bike of the Month" image did not properly upload because of a technical problem. I'm confident this issue has been resolved.

Unfortunately, November 2016 isn't going to be displayed for the entire month, but sometimes things happen.

If anyone out there has a photo to submit for the Bike of the Month feature, please submit it !

Thanks everyone, and sorry for delay.

markn

I AM NOT A PHOTOGRAPHER. So, I had my sister-in-law the photographer take some pictures of my motorcycle last summer. I finally got her to send them to me. Cool, I'm going to write up a nice write up about my motorcycle and the history of it. Mentioning sedelen and all the time and money he put into it... I get to the section to send the picture for consideration, I send it. I get back a message in red "the picture you submitted is not compatible..." It did take picture #2 that I sent, but it's not a very good picture. So we'll see. Maybe I'll try again next summer, when I can get my buddy Redman to help me out more. He's already been a big help. Thanks Dave. I think it comes down to the quality of the motorcycle doesn't mean as much, but the quality of the picture is everything.
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
      ...................... send the picture for consideration, I send it. I get back a message in red "the picture you submitted is not compatible.....
      >>>>>>>>>QUOTE FROM PICTURE SUBMISSION PAGE:

................... The picture should be a max size of 800x600 pixels. ..........................
      • Images must have a height OR width of 640 pixels or more.

File size is no longer restricted.>>>END QUOTE

Norm Storm,
      Oh, I havent looks at the requiremenst for the photo submissions in quite a while.

The picture I saw of your bike does meet both of those requirements (or at least how I interpret those requirements). THe picture I saw is 800x533 pixel, so is less than the max of 800x600, and the width is greater than the 640.

But maybe the software/logic/programming that takes the submissions implments those requirements slightly differently. Maybe it just checks the picture file size, and your picture is only 195k.

Other thing, maybe MarkN can describe:
      It says "Max size of 800 x 640 pixel" and then later says "file size not restricted".
      THose two statements seem inconsistent. Although if picture was 800x640 pixle, the file size could only be so big (about 500K).

And for general reference, typical iPhone picture will be 4608 x 3072 pixel and about 2 or 3 meg (or more).

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Storm 64 - have you resubmitted yet?

Comment

THAT'S the bike I've been looking for the last 20 years! Damn, that's sweet. Wish it were mine, but I'd just ride it and then it wouldn't be perfect anymore. I bought one of those new in '81 (the black one) and rode it for 5 years before some old fart in a Chrysler pulled out in front of me and I couldn't get around him. Best motorsickle I ever had, bar none.
          Expecting the Spanish Inquisition
          1981 GS850G: the Ratzuki
          1981 GS1100E

Comment

Working...
          X