Can someone identify these shocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone identify these shocks?

I found these shocks in the bin and they appear to be in pretty decent shape. I
    put them on the bike and they look pretty decent

they are Suzuki shocks but the only number on them is 2104
    %5BURL=http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/onemetallica1985/media/bike%20build/F4BE03A7-543F-466D-A51B-B42AB869EAAC.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l506/onemetallica1985/bike%20build/F4BE03A7-543F-466D-A51B-B42AB869EAAC.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Guest; 01-15-2017, 08:13 PM.

Another er view the only number in on the bottom eye 2104
    for some reason my photobucket will not import the IMG code
    Last edited by Guest; 01-15-2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like motorcyclemadman.

Comment

Not sure what is so special about "your" Photobucket, but the process is super simple. Have PB and GSR open on separate tabs in your browser. On the PB site, hover over the picture you want to post, look for the white bars in the upper left corner. Hover over the bars, click on the SHARE option that appears. In the right side of that window, hover over the link for the IMG, then click. You will see it turn yellow and the word "Copied" will appear. Close that window, come back to your message in GSR, paste the link. Do not click on any icons, do not type anything extra, just paste the link. Please make sure the link is on its own line. If you post more than one picture, hit the ENTER key twice between each link, it will give a small white border between the pictures, making them easier to see.

Oh, by the way, the shocks appear to be from an 1100GK.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yea I've posted with photobucket several times before the mobile app that I use I literally click on the img link then paste it in the box, not too complicated. I was reading it's an issue with the newest IOS and photobucket comparability but who knows.

Comment

Well Steve,
            it is the app and the Iphone that is causing the issue this is from the desktop and works perfectly.
            Do you foresee any issues with running the Gs1000gk shocks?

Comment

Cavalcade shocks? They look like cruiser shocks due to their chunkiness and short(ish) travel.

They might be a little hard on a lighter bike but otherwise should work OK if there are no clearance issues.
              Current:
              Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
              VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
              And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Cavalcades had the air valve on the top I believe. I'm with Steve, they look like GS1100G shocks to me.
                79 GS1000S
                79 GS1000S (another one)
                80 GSX750
                80 GS550
                80 CB650 cafe racer
                75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
                75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Originally posted by Gs1000g View Post
                  Well Steve, it is the app and the Iphone that is causing the issue this is from the desktop and works perfectly.
                  Do you foresee any issues with running the Gs1000gk shocks?
                  I was going to ask what bike you are putting them on, then looked at the list in your sig and the picture posted, then decided it did not matter, those shocks will work well enough with any of those bikes.

I have one of those iOS devices, but don't do any posting from it, just reading, so I don't know about incompatability problems with Photobucket and the smaller computers. I do virtually all my posting (especially if pictures are involved) from a real computer, not the little one I wear on my belt.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                  X