Forum software change needed to REMOVE VORTEX from "New Posts" feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Good ol Garth chiming in as always. The Canadian who's sole purpose for coming to the GSR is to bash the US President. You would think he would go volunteer some time to help people in his community if he was so worried about oppression and how others are treated, but no.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Woah woah woah; keep your crap in the vortex.

Even though I'm on a completely different continent; I do have strong opinions in regard to the topic(s) mentioned just above me.

However. This ain't the vortex. So I won't voice them.

So, with all due respect...

Feck off, will ya?
        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
        #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
        #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

I don't see the problem. Look at the new posts list. See something you want to check out click on it. See something you don't want to read, don't click on it. All the way to the right it tells you which forum it's in. Seems pretty simple if you have self control.
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
            Good ol Garth chiming in as always. The Canadian who's sole purpose for coming to the GSR is to bash the US President. You would think he would go volunteer some time to help people in his community if he was so worried about oppression and how others are treated, but no.
            Not a fan of French cheese ? Can't blame you there. I prefer something with a little more bite myself. How about Dutch ?

Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Now I am hungry.

Edit: Still; take it to the vortex, please. Thx.
              #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
              #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
              #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
              #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Originally posted by roeme View Post
                Now I am hungry.

Edit: Still; take it to the vortex, please. Thx.
                The whole topic should be in the Vortex. All it is is a whine. But I'm happy to oblige you having annoyed Nessism enough for one day......{ Which I seem to have accomplished by not saying a word. I guess the old saying is true......" A piece of cheese speaks a thousand words " }
                Last edited by bccap; 09-29-2017, 08:37 PM.
                1983 GS 750

Comment

Bumping back up in hope Frank takes the suggestion.

Just about every Vortex thread is the same as last; liberal bashing Trump. How many different ways can people state the same thing? And why do people that have motorcycles as their prime reason for coming here have to see this crap in the New Posts feed?
                  Are you actually incapable of ignoring it??

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                    Not a fan of French cheese ? Can't blame you there. I prefer something with a little more bite myself. How about Dutch ?

Yes, he needs something to go with his WHINE...

Comment

Originally posted by JJ View Post
                      I'm not sure how to answer this. I use the New Posts feed when I visit the GSR, that's the best way I've found to find new content here. When using this feature I find it annoying to see all the Vortex posts, about 90% of which are political bashing, and 90% of those by the same people taking the same sides over and over again. These threads are basically a veiled insult fest. Am I incapable of ignoring them? Not sure. I'm incapable of not being annoyed by having to read through the topics constantly.
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

TLR { Traumatic List Reading } I wonder if anybody is researching a treatment ?
                        1983 GS 750

Comment

This

Originally posted by JJ View Post
                          I'm not sure how to answer this. I use the New Posts feed when I visit the GSR, that's the best way I've found to find new content here. When using this feature I find it annoying to see all the Vortex posts, about 90% of which are political bashing, and 90% of those by the same people taking the same sides over and over again. These threads are basically a veiled insult fest. Am I incapable of ignoring them? Not sure. I'm incapable of not being annoyed by having to read through the topics constantly.
                          I suggest "Skimming" while reading. As for the curiosity of the Vortex, well that's a whole other topic.

The nonsense has been going on so long...the need to inject our opinion lingers. It happens...and it is "impulsive".
                          The need to take sides can be a necessity as well.

It is hard to find other than "motorcycle" related topics when I click the "new posts" button. I skim the thread names and if nothing catches my interest, I close the page. If I joined a discussion and not tired of the topic, I'll read the new reply. Again, if nothing peaks my interest, I go back to my daily life until I feel the need to login again.

Ed
                          Last edited by GSXR7ED; 09-30-2017, 10:39 AM.
                          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

When the Vortex was started I asked the Administrator to remove the topic from my account. It was the best thing that I could have done. I come here to give and get GS advice and information. I don't care about politics or religion. It makes my "new posts" selection one to two pages at the most. Dar

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                              All that shows to me is that the vortex is a popular place to be { though it isn't going to bother me a great deal if you get your way } You should have included a poll { three choices, for, against, and don't care } Then if you have a strong enough mandate the moderators may consider it.
                              Not sure if the Vortex is a popular place to be, but I stay away from it because to me its a motorcycle forum. If I don't like it, my choice to by pass it is mine, not some one else's. I understand some may not like to skip over 7 post's, but is it really that difficult? Letting the members decide would be a fair way to let the administer how people feel. I really don't give a rats arse. If you don't like it, don't read it. My mouse moves a 1/4" down to pass over it.
                              Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                              Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                              Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

if you look at new posts without logging in then you cant see vortex posts
                                Last edited by derwood; 09-30-2017, 01:24 PM.
                                GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Working...
                                X