Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call me crazy but I'm actually considering this bike.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I'll check them out. I just never felt comfortable communicating with the guys on the ST owners forum. It just seemed to me that they were rather arrogant. Hopefully, I am wrong with that impression.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

So far the ST-Riders forum has been very helpful and warming. I borrowed and moved on the "Shim Kit" to the next in line without a hitch. Really a great service. Maybe one that we should consider here. Having some of the more specialized tools being made available to borrow would be a huge benefit. I can think of a few things that would be nice to borrow rather than buy. The added benefits of having detailed documentation of the repair/maintenance process is a huge plus.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
      1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
      1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by JTGS850GL View Post
        So far the ST-Riders forum has been very helpful and warming. I borrowed and moved on the "Shim Kit" to the next in line without a hitch. Really a great service. Maybe one that we should consider here. Having some of the more specialized tools being made available to borrow would be a huge benefit. I can think of a few things that would be nice to borrow rather than buy. The added benefits of having detailed documentation of the repair/maintenance process is a huge plus.
        That would be nice. How do you think we can get that started? Maybe suggest it in the proper forum and see how it takes off.
        I know I could use a leak down testing tool.
        Last edited by alke46; 03-19-2017, 11:56 PM.
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Working...
        X