Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by one_civic View Post
    Awesome!! What tires are you running?
    Dunlop 591 SP up front, Pirelli Sport Demon rear.
    Haven't had the $ to do GSXR suspension upgrade, but bike feels happy/predictable as is.
    Over 125 mph, some wallowing occurs, otherwise feels pretty planted.
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Just realised you've got leading axle forks on there with no anti dive... GSX 1100 front end?
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

If you ever get down here again for a track day, let me know......
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
          Just realised you've got leading axle forks on there with no anti dive... GSX 1100 front end?
          They're off a 1980 GS1100ET with 4 preload adjustment ramps on the top of the fork, and some sort of dampening adjustment knob on the bottom.
          Have some old aftermarket Progressive springs in there with a PVC spacer, but no emulators.
          The originals had nothing, eventhough the 80 forks are ancient, they work really well.
          The anti-dive thing was a poorly executed feature, and serves no purpose really.
          Does that mean since I have a leading axle, my rake is tighter/shorter than stock, quickening steering on a 60" + wheelbase?
          Had a 1994 RF900 for a time with similar no adjustment stock forks and these 80's worked better.
          That RF handled poorly with stock suspension.
          GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Originally posted by tas850g View Post
            you have to tape over anything glass/plastic that may shatter/splinter should you fall down on the track. Blue painters tape just happens to be the go to tape. You can remove those parts but it's more of a hassle than just taping.
            It also blacks out any accidental signals that might be distracting to other riders.
            Dogma
            --
            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
            '80 GS850 GLT
            '80 GS1000 GT
            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
              They're off a 1980 GS1100ET with 4 preload adjustment ramps on the top of the fork, and some sort of dampening adjustment knob on the bottom.
              Have some old aftermarket Progressive springs in there with a PVC spacer, but no emulators.
              The originals had nothing, eventhough the 80 forks are ancient, they work really well.
              The anti-dive thing was a poorly executed feature, and serves no purpose really.
              Does that mean since I have a leading axle, my rake is tighter/shorter than stock, quickening steering on a 60" + wheelbase?
              Had a 1994 RF900 for a time with similar no adjustment stock forks and these 80's worked better.
              That RF handled poorly with stock suspension.
              I can only agree on the anti dive, and I will be making block off plates for my Kat when I get to rebuilding the forks.

I'm not a guru when it comes to geometry but I thought leading axle forks made it slower steering and more stable?
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
              X