New member and my project bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redman View Post
    Looks like nice paint job, and good craftsmanship.

That some aftermarket muffler....? Or is that what is inside a stock muffler....?

Are some GSR members in Chicago are and some in NW Indiana.

Some random ass mufflers that seem to have been welded on by a blind man
    They’re going in the trash for a nice 4 to 1 soon

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
    Well done and welcome to the forum! I hope you don't ride it in the rain though, unless you don't mind your back getting soaking wet.
    Yeah not really a ride in the rain type of man, I usually just take it out on nicer occasions, although I still may fit a small fender before I finish the bike

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    I was curious for I'm making my GS650L into a cafe runner. I ended up grabbing a set of Emgo short style shocks from a sportster... So I'll have a NICE set of stockers available for cheap to a GSR member if you want em'.
    They look like Harley Shocks... But it's great to see your GS and see what Mine (might) look like. I just have the shafty, it will be slightly different.

Are you thinking about running a loop on the frame?
    **** I may have to take you up on that offer with the shocks, I don’t really like the generic ebay ones. And my rear hoop actually came in today!
    Also that’s a nice G, I always liked those
    Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post
    I often wonder about the cafe craze.
    I will admit it is not for me - But I can see where it has merits.
    You have done a nice job thus far on the bike - It looks like it will come out nice.
    Opinions follow:
    For me a ride like that would not be comfortable enough for the style of riding I do.
    My rides are typically from FULL to EMPTY on a tank and then refill and do it again.
    Unless I am commuting (my GS is for that mostly) which is a 13 mile ride to work and a 50 mile ride home
    [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01 \clip_image001.png[/IMG]
    I do not think I would like this.
    But perhaps form follows function ?
    Being in Chicago area I suspect your rides are a bit shorter - especially the cafe thing (from place A to place B)
    Therefore the ride can be a bit more function driven rather than comfort driven like my bike is with it's windscreen and custom seat and bags & trunk.

Your opinions may vary but well done none-the-less
    When I take my bike out it’s purely to enjoy a cruise on a nice day, so I don’t see the need for saddle bags or anything like that.
    And comfort was not a big concern of mine with this build; my dad has a Sportster I can pull out if I ever want to do longer cruises. That being said this bike is still much more comfortable and fun to ride than expected, it’s still a lot better than most of my buddies sport bikes.
    It’s about just having a fun bike that you built yourself to just take out on weekends and have a blast on
    [QUOTE=roeme;2368121]I love the attention to detail.

That includes the Papst in the chopping pictures. You cheeky little bastard.

Hahaha that seems to be an ongoing theme in my garage at this point

Comment

Sportster, long cruise... Wrong crowd to play that card!
      lolol.

I also have. 550 4-1 exhaust... Not perfect but exhaust wrap it or paint it should work. Cheap there too...

I like what your doing, like your ideas, like what you think.

It's guys like you that will help keep the GS heritage not only alive but make the line excitable again. The 550 is a great foundation to a true cafe racer. Small 4 cylinder bikes are bad A$$ in their own right!

Thanks so much for you share!
      Best!
      Last edited by Jedz123; 02-03-2017, 12:05 AM.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        Sportster, long cruise... Wrong crowd to play that card!
        lolol.

I also have. 550 4-1 exhaust... Not perfect but exhaust wrap it or paint it should work. Cheap there too...

I like what your doing, like your ideas, like what you think.

It's guys like you that will help keep the GS heritage not only alive but make the line excitable again. The 550 is a great foundation to a true cafe racer. Small 4 cylinder bikes are bad A$$ in their own right!

Thanks so much for you share!
        Best!
        No way, very interested in that exhaust
        Could you send me over some pictures

Comment

Here's my thread:

Let me know. I think the trickiest part is going to ship it.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Working...
          X