Check out this made in america machine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out this made in america machine!

Well, assembled in america and mostly built here...but pretty cool anyway!

Would like to see the Chinese start making big CC engines.
    Current:
    Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
    VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
    And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

$6600? I'll take a FZ07
      sigpic
      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
      1983 GS1100e
      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
      1980 GS1260
      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Different strokes for different folks... I'll pass
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I'm not into it.

It looks to me like artisanal motorcycles for hipsters. But I can't deny hipsters the right to ride what they want.
          Last edited by Dogma; 02-07-2017, 01:01 AM.
          Dogma
          --
          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
          '80 GS850 GLT
          '80 GS1000 GT
          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

I dig them, but way too pricey. I tried to get something going with National Cycles, but they didn't want to sell the bikes, it's more about the accessories(apparel). Well I tried to pull up their site, but it is nowhere to be found. For the 2014 AIMEXPO They were using 49cc engines like you put in bicycles, looks like a blast compared to a scooter if you don't have a license to drive.

GSRick
            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

For that price with a Chinese clone engine... Nah.

Ambitious, I'm sure they will sell to a few saps but I don't really know who they are marketing this to...

Like Bob said... If I had $6600 I would not pay for that.

My TUX250 brand new was nearly $3K cheaper...
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
                I'm not into it.

It looks to me like artisanal motorcycles for hipsters. But I can't deny hipsters the right to ride what they want.
                Thanks for the new word-“artisanal”. Maybe pronounced artis-anal?
                The 2 dudes proudly holding their bikes look more dweeb than hipster, but my roots are urban industrial.
                To me, that front suspension construct looks way too loose for a fast lean in corner.
                Probably chosen because the original patent expired long ago.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                  For that price with a Chinese clone engine... Nah.

Ambitious, I'm sure they will sell to a few saps but I don't really know who they are marketing this to...

Like Bob said... If I had $6600 I would not pay for that.

My TUX250 brand new was nearly $3K cheaper...
                  I think Leno featured these on his Youtube channel.

Not my thing, but pretty cool for a teen. But yeah, way too expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                    Thanks for the new word-“artisanal”. Maybe pronounced artis-anal?
                    The 2 dudes proudly holding their bikes look more dweeb than hipster,
                    I don't know man these guys seem to be the definition of a bad A$$ biker... Ripping it up on a custom machine.

Definitely want him on my side in a bar fight....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Overpriced, underpowered, and FUGLY.

Comment

I love these. Totally unique styling, proven motor, 2 radically different choices. I wish them the best.
                        80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Way too much money, but it would be fun putting around on empty country roads.
                          Last edited by DaveR; 02-07-2017, 12:33 PM.
                          1979 GS1000
                          1981 GL500 Interstate

Comment

don't understand the animosity on here towards the guys in the pics. Bar fights? Really? I mean, who really cares what you look like, if you are on 2 wheels and a motor you are ok by me. I'm sure "real bikers" chuckle at your TUX. sheesh.
                            1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
                              don't understand the animosity on here towards the guys in the pics. Bar fights? Really? I mean, who really cares what you look like, if you are on 2 wheels and a motor you are ok by me. I'm sure "real bikers" chuckle at your TUX. sheesh.
                              They have Put I just BRAAAAAPPP!

Chuckles almost always turn to jaw drops and a request to ride the bike.

LOLOLOL

I mean come one... If I bought that bike (never would because it's way over priced and under powered... Even to 250 standards) I would be doing something like in the pic above to show case if it truly was "cool".

The Bar fight remark was an attempt at an exaggerated sarcastic joke. Which I guess, I only found humorous...

Just sayin'. The guys (gals) that buy these must have a butt load of extra coin to spend or have no sense of value to money or Has no experience in purchasing a good valued MC.
                              Last edited by Jedz123; 02-07-2017, 03:54 PM.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                              X