Check out this made in america machine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
    I don't know man these guys seem to be the definition of a bad A$$ biker... Ripping it up on a custom machine.

Definitely want him on my side in a bar fight....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    He may be your man for legal defence, but in a bar fight I think he'd need to be rescued, more than rescue you.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I remember the guy in the picture, from Bike Week in Daytona, a couple of years back. He was riding a supercharged Harley Fat Bob, or Boob, or Boy, well I know it was a supercharged Harley. I remember him from his intimating glasses & robust white beard, & he was dragging his woman by her hair & was drinking his Pabst Blue Ribbon from a pitcher. I was kindf skiddish of him.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

As is, I would consider such a bike for a shopping in the city, and driving to and fro within. 1901 motorcycle technology is more than enough for that.

However, for that, it's way too pricey, and the "look-at-me-i'm-so-special" factor is too high. Not super outlandish, but too high. I can't quite put my finger on it, but too me it's too obvious that this is a modern bike trying to look old. It might be the crankcase (hmmm jep, the more I look at it...).

I think that's also why quite a few people ridicule the boys/men in a few of these pictures. Regardless of the contemporary fashion, there's dressing well, there's dressing unconventional (but good lookin'), and then there's just trying too hard (nowadays also known as hipsters). These bikes seem to fit the stereotype, and the people on the photos...yeah.

Well, the longer I look at it...I'd take one cheap, and would try to make it look more the era. That certainly would be a nice ride around town.

And get rid of that awful Janus type on the tank. They put together half-decent looking bikes, and then such a ugly logo...(well that could tell you which clientele they're aiming at).
        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
        #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
        #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

I like the advertising incentive to Upgrade to LED lighting on your 1915 styled bike.

Not my style of bike, but few are. Kudos for starting anything in the US.

That pricing is probably bottom dollar for the low volumes. There have been at least a handful of better funded, better engineered bikes from US companies that have gone under recently, sometimes more than once.

I really don't have any hope for a great internal combustion engine bike from a US maker in the next 5-10 years. I think the low component cost of electrics will lead to one or two companies going mainstream. A 100 hp electric with 500 mile range and modern suspension would be entertaining. I'm looking forward to that experience.

Comment

Is it only me or does the front fork "rear shock" suspension tick anyone else off too?
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Is it only me or does the front fork "rear shock" suspension tick anyone else off too?
              BMW did it in the '60s, had a tendency for tank slappers. The Earles Fork. My Uncle died when his R60/2 pitched him off on a very sedate corner.....
              sigpic
              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
              1983 GS1100e
              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
              1980 GS1260
              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                BMW did it in the '60s, had a tendency for tank slappers. The Earles Fork. My Uncle died when his R60/2 pitched him off on a very sedate corner.....
                Just what I was afraid of, it looks really Rube Goldberg geek tech. No pics of the bike leaned over in a corner, just bolt upright with stiff looking boots on the through bolt foot pegs.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

If looked at for what they are - a rolling art project paying homage to times gone by - they are kind of cool. Those who seek attention and find joy in it would likely get some on one profiling in front of the coffee house. I find joy in the rare ocassion when I get an extended block of time to put some real miles on the bike. The bike in question is the wrong tool for that job.
                  sigpic
                  When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                  -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                  -Rusty old scooter.
                  Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                  https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

it could get crowded out on the front porch of the bar if these guys start to hang out at the same places as harley "riders".

in other words, another american bike that's mostly for looking at.
                    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                    82 gs1100L probably the next project
                    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

I don't know man these guys seem to be the definition of a bad A$$ biker... Ripping it up on a custom machine.

Definitely want him on my side in a bar fight....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                      But he is a BAD ASS, look at those tats on his arms......
                      1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
                      1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

I seem to reflect on one concern...while riding one of these bikes, I can't help but wonder if ones knees would be covering "J" on the tank? Just sayin....

Comment

That could be problematic.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by 520eek View Post
                            I seem to reflect on one concern...while riding one of these bikes, I can't help but wonder if ones knees would be covering "J" on the tank? Just sayin....
                            Post of the day!
                            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                              Post of the day!
                              That's pretty much how it looked to me without taking out the "J" even, but it's not nice to make fun of one's last name.
                              IF it's just a made up brand name then I think it's probably more gay than that made in america, "Salt" pistol, invented by a "married couple" of boys...it shoots paintballs full of pepper stuff, basically a paintball gun that costs about $400 , (saw vid of makers on youtube, and noticed the stupid thing on amazon recently actually)...

Making one's own MC, awesome IMO, Being happy with it and figuring a tiny bit of the thrill of motorcycling, awesome as well IMO.
                              I don't like to criticize another's ride , the thing is marketing it at that price point is like asking for it. Starting a USA company awesome as well...

The story sort of reminds me of someone who attends a few church study groups, decides they want to be religious, and FIRST thing they do is run out and try to start their own denomination...sort of sociopathic reasoning starting an inferior choice for alterior motives and it's all stupid crazy in the end. Sometimes they have the nerve to push new ideas based on their own intentions totally unbased on...
                              Like those forks , Good gods man!!!

Well even a marginal two wheel machine is a great joy especially without having a comparison...Heck sometimes I feel sorry and ..."Urgh" about one's first bike being a Harley...they even were giving them away to returning troops on one program/ fund raiser/ publicity ad ...Sheesh hope the ...

Well IF they can sell those for good luck to them. Wonder how the magazines write-up will go since they're always cheery advertising UNTIL comparison comes to play then maybe wherever gives them the most free stuff gets best write-ups, advertising....I liked Jedz comments on it most,funny too because he's a cool, good guy, IMO by the way.

EDIT: Forgot, those made in china bike motor kits (GSRick showed) can be had as complete kit, tank, throttle, chain, etc. and all for around $125 ...there's a 50cc or "80 cc" that's actually 66cc , but in state of VA for past couple years it's IMPOSSIBLE to legally ride one without purchase from a maker with ability to add VIN#...I've wanted one for years for a bicycle...might add one to a kick scooter and ride it illegal ...probably going to move to N.C. soon anyway and there they have the least hassle for moped scooty things , BTW...
                              Last edited by Guest; 02-11-2017, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Yea, it seems like a sturdy little robust bike....kinda cool looking even. I get the front end even, but the price! It is handmade so to speak. I even think the engine origin is fine, actually it seems well thought out. Good for them that they are taking this on. I'm sure they have heard more than enough razz from all kinds of folks. Wonder how many they have sold so far? Still kind of interesting...

Comment

Working...
                                X