No announcement yet.

Check out this made in america machine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kinda like the old timer looking one, but not the cafe racer. The proportions make it look like the mopeds from the '70s.

What disappoints me most is the top speed of 70. Nowhere near fast enough for a 250.
    The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post
      I kinda like the old timer looking one, but not the cafe racer. The proportions make it look like the mopeds from the '70s.

What disappoints me most is the top speed of 70. Nowhere near fast enough for a 250.
      I imagine thats fast enough around town style of driving.

Comment

I don't trust the handlebar clamps...

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.
        1980/1981 GS450 - GS500 Cylinder + Piston Swap - "De-L'ed", custom seat, CB350 bits, 18" rear, etc.
        1977 GS550
        1977 GS750 - Cross country trip thread

Comment

Originally posted by 520eek View Post
          I imagine thats fast enough around town style of driving.
          La-di-da scooter riding? Pick up some groceries, hang out at Starbucks? HA!!!
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrano View Post

I agree... Understandably the 250 singles don't move like the 250 Twins however the TUX (and I'm sorry I go back to it but it does relate) will break 85mph flat out with correct tires, gearing and lying flat on the tank. However at speed... I trust the TUX with it's Nissin Brakes and very decent suspension over that. 70MPH is "fast enough" and allot of folks can and will claim that HOWEVER IMHO a bike should break 75mph for it then can go as fast as it needs to go in all road conditions (including interstate). Even my TUX is a slug for a 250. Most can break 100mph now.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
              it could get crowded out on the front porch of the bar if these guys start to hang out at the same places as harley "riders".

in other words, another american bike that's mostly for looking at.
              Not suggesting you hang out with Harley people or any other group for that matter; although the Scientologists do look like a pretty fun time. But have you ridden a Harley? Got to spend a couple days on an FL a few years ago. Had a ball! Great fun.

Certainly not a great value and was crazy porky, but did pretty much what they designed it to do.

Again, not looking to get you to change religions or anything. But only good to look at? Eh.

Comment

For a fourth or fifth bike, I wouldn't mind a Fat Boy or Road King.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by sam000lee View Post
                  I don't trust the handlebar clamps...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQQ6e13D...=janusmc&hl=en
                  Yea...I noticed that as well

Comment

Originally posted by Ecklund View Post
                    Not suggesting you hang out with Harley people or any other group for that matter; although the Scientologists do look like a pretty fun time. But have you ridden a Harley? Got to spend a couple days on an FL a few years ago. Had a ball! Great fun.

Certainly not a great value and was crazy porky, but did pretty much what they designed it to do.

Again, not looking to get you to change religions or anything. But only good to look at? Eh.
                    Yeah, somebody's gonna convince me a Buick is a fun car…
                    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                      LOLOL
                      My god that is awesome!

I agree to that!!

I plan on borrowing my buddies Fat Bob for a few days this summer to try to change my "image" of a HD.

I borrowed my Brother in laws brand new Road Glide this past season and I couldn't get my Connie back quick enough... Slug, Slow, Pig, (ok ok Comfy)... Can't think of any other adjectives to describe the Road Glide. My Old-mans Stratoliner 1900 is a way better cruiser IMHO. The Transmission on the HD was... Crap.
                      Last edited by Jedz123; 02-15-2017, 08:57 PM.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Here's a fun Buick.
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                          Here's a fun Buick.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]49829[/ATTACH]
                          I knew somebody was gonna mention the GS.
                          Once saw a meathead hammer the fender on his until it looked like a peanut shell…

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                            I had an '86 Buick Grand National that was loads of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by JJ View Post
                              I had an '86 Buick Grand National that was loads of fun!
                              Yeah, how did GM ever decide to put a Buick badge on that?

Comment

Working...
                              X