Arai Vector 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arai Vector 2

I have an Arai Vector 2 en route. Found a deal on eBay that I couldn't pass up. I am wondering if it was mistakenly marked down by seller. Picked it up for $258.00 includes shipping.

Anyway, anyone have this model and how do you like it?

Seen them for that price or even less from time to time.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

I scanned eBay and checked out a couple online retailers prior to hitting the button. Most of the eBay listings that were close (still higher) to this price were either used or open box. I couldn't find an online retailer that could come close to $258 shipped. I was due for new and I like what I read about Arai.

Anyway, still interest in anyone's review. States it has all the same makings of their higher end models with less features.

Comment

I have the Crutchlow Vector 2 and paid double that. Regardless, I am very happy with it. It's very comfortable, the lightest and quietest lid I've ever used. The chinstrap clip is quite tight and difficult to secure until you get used to it, especially when you have a little hand rheumatism. Ventilation again, is excellent and easily adjusted while riding. The visor has a simple quick change arrangement which I cannot comment on as I've never messed with it. Hope you enjoy it, as much as the price!
        -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
          I have the Crutchlow Vector 2 and paid double that. Regardless, I am very happy with it. It's very comfortable, the lightest and quietest lid I've ever used. The chinstrap clip is quite tight and difficult to secure until you get used to it, especially when you have a little hand rheumatism. Ventilation again, is excellent and easily adjusted while riding. The visor has a simple quick change arrangement which I cannot comment on as I've never messed with it. Hope you enjoy it, as much as the price!
          Just checked out the Crutchlow, I think the only difference would be the graphics? This is the one I will have: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...2-helmet-solid

Comment

Yep, the graphics makes a HUGE price difference. Personally I don't care so much on how it looks as much as how it protects so I go for the lowest cost graphics for the model I want.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
            1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
            1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
              Just checked out the Crutchlow, I think the only difference would be the graphics? This is the one I will have: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...2-helmet-solid
              Yeah, that's the same lid.
              -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Working...
              X