Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MT-01: Who has ridden one? Review? How do I get a bike in from Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it were me Jedz, I would purchase one of these....you'll forget you ever owned a concours....

No signature

Comment

A great friend has an XSR9 and loves the hell out of it. We both rode the snot out of first generation FZ1s. He got into dirt bikes pretty hardcore, then tried a GL1800 for some cross country stuff, and came full circle back to the wacky world of Yamaha.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
        A great friend has an XSR9 and loves the hell out of it. We both rode the snot out of first generation FZ1s. He got into dirt bikes pretty hardcore, then tried a GL1800 for some cross country stuff, and came full circle back to the wacky world of Yamaha.
        You should try to snag it for a weekend if you can, the weight to power ratio is nearly perfect... The FZ-09 is stellar bike but the suspension needs work right out of the box, XSR900 is polished and pretty much pull out of the dealer lot and ride hard ready. Have you ridden one yet? The Motor is sublime. Wonderful power plant.

I'm not ready for Goldwing. One day I do see myself owning one... But I still got a few more Sport Tourers to go through first! I intend on riding my Connie to +100K miles.

Gen 1, FZ1... Definitely one of the best bikes I've ever owned.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          If it were me Jedz, I would purchase one of these....you'll forget you ever owned a concours....

HAHAHA I had a feeling you were going to post that!!!

See I don't feel shame thrashing the hell out of my Kawasaki for I know I'm not too far into it, parts and engines are plentiful and cheap. Yeah it's cheap but one of the best bangs for the buck on the market (IMHO). Super cheap to keep on the roads and pretty reliable.

I love the 1300S! I could see my self picking up one of these if I could get into one at a decent price for weekend blasting:

Won't lie I love your over priced, euro trash, ego trip machine. Bad ass Bike.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I generally don't like borrowing other people's bikes. I have no interest in the XSR. I have finished one bike that I truly adore and am about to dig into the CB900f.
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
              A V-max is also in my sights, I want to hear something other then an I-4 on the weekends.
              You'll not regret it.
              Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
              87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
              99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
              15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Yeah I know... How long to the rear tires hold up?
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Justin, are you set on a bike with a 100 mile range?
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                    Justin, are you set on a bike with a 100 mile range?
                    For weekend Hooliganism?.. Yes.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

OK, LOL:

The Spanish marque Montesa is legendary in the annals of trials history, so it’s always good to see a classic Cota restored to original condition. This one is a 1982 model owned by Oliver Cooper of Sheffield, in the north of England. He bought it for a song from an auto jumble last summer; it…
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Dude that bike looks phenomenal and I'm so glad to find the joy in riding smaller machines... Looks like fun! I'm sure it costs as much as my Infiniti did
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                        X