Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gs owner in central OK.

IMG_20170225_155749778.jpg
    Hi all, just got my hands on this GS1100ESD. I have 0 dollars tied up into it. However, there is no title or keys to speak of. From what I can tell, someone turned this into a drag bike with an extended swingarm and static strut. After figuring out what it was though, I'm having a hard time going the direction I wanted to go. Originally, I was looking for a bike to turn into a bobber. Once I gained possession of the bike and figured out exactly what it is/was, I'd kind of like to see this thing back in its original state. From what little research I have done, parts for these aren't in abundance. My biggest concern is this dang extended swingarm. So what is the general consensus on a specimen such as this.

Originally posted by ArnScho View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]49968[/ATTACH]
    Hi all, just got my hands on this GS1100ESD. I have 0 dollars tied up into it. However, there is no title or keys to speak of. From what I can tell, someone turned this into a drag bike with an extended swingarm and static strut. After figuring out what it was though, I'm having a hard time going the direction I wanted to go. Originally, I was looking for a bike to turn into a bobber. Once I gained possession of the bike and figured out exactly what it is/was, I'd kind of like to see this thing back in its original state. From what little research I have done, parts for these aren't in abundance. My biggest concern is this dang extended swingarm. So what is the general consensus on a specimen such as this.
    Well, the first thing to do is run the VIN and see if it's stolen. If it is, get it back to owner. If it's not, then investigate what it will take to get a title. If that's easy, do that and fix the rear suspension. If not, part it out or take up drag racing.
    '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Well, I have a brief history on it, but, I'll definitely get the VIN checked. As far as getting a title, I know it's going to run me between $300-$400. But if it's going to run me a nice chunk of change to find the right parts, I'm not going to mess with it.

Comment

Im in Norman right off the Highway exit off 35. Youll have to stop by sometime.
        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
        X