You're newest brother is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're newest brother is here!

And bad news, hes kinda hairy. What's up guys! I'm Scott and I live in southwest Missouri. I picked up this sweet 1980 850GSL the other night to move on from this great learner bike. Now both my wife and I can ride in classic style.

Welcome my fuzzy bro. Congrats and good luck with the GS. Looks like your wife has a sweet little Kawasaki as well. Enjoy.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Welcome to the site. Nice part of the country you hail from. Not all that far from some great roads to ride.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Sweet! Welcome. You should join us this fall: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ngton-Missouri
        Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
        Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Cool beans. Welcome. AND you know how to post links. Cool
          "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Welcome. Nice looking L model. Looks to be at least cosmetically all there.
            Current Bikes:
            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ExcelDominus View Post
              And bad news, hes kinda hairy. What's up guys! I'm Scott and I live in southwest Missouri. I picked up this sweet 1980 850GSL the other night to move on from this great learner bike. Now both my wife and I can ride in classic style.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

If you are looking in parts catalog or parts fische, that will be a GS850GL (dispite the side panel saying GS850L).
                G shaft drive.
                L Cruiser style.
                And further more if you see GS850GLT, the T indicates model year 1980.

If you want to modify the L out of it, so can rider longer further, the best place to start is the bars (or put on a fairing).

I too have a Honda Shadow, in addition to the GS.
                Although an '80s VT500C.
                Got it with the idea of wife learning to ride. Which she did, but then lost interest.
                Now it is the winter beater bike.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                X