Ok so vinyl wrap??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so vinyl wrap??

Seriously considering doing something similar to this to the "abomination" i say that lovingly
    Last edited by thebrandonbeezy; 03-07-2017, 11:07 PM.
    I build Pipers

Check GS1150pilot's bike. Wrapped and beautiful.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I sawwww it looks sooo good!!! Gave me the idea to wrap it. Since its easier to change than paint why not get weird right?!?!
      I build Pipers

Comment

I've got two small rolls of matt red chrome....just haven't grown the pair to try it{lol}
        If you do, don't spill gas on it as it doesn't like that.{wipe it off quickly!} I figured on a healthy coat of rat wax...might combat that.

Comment

Ha, get funky!
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Or the Arizona tea ginseng and honey "full bloom" livery really digging that
            I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
              I've got two small rolls of matt red chrome....just haven't grown the pair to try it{lol}
              If you do, don't spill gas on it as it doesn't like that.{wipe it off quickly!} I figured on a healthy coat of rat wax...might combat that.
              Do it! The thing is you can always peel it off
              I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
                Do it! The thing is you can always peel it off
                The tank and side cover corners are what spook me...doing it with no wrinkles, that is....
                Single color is easier than what you were referencing to on the tea can color schemes...but it could be done if one has the patience.
                I wouldn't choose those colors myself - but - that is coming from the guy who had his Kawi H-2 painted HoK hot pink shimmer'in........so I might not be the best source for comment! {I was 21 then - I'm 52 now...I've settle down a little since then}

Comment

Yeah, im 100% positive im going to have it done professionally. I want it to look good. I also want the "why the fck would he do that" and the "you ruined that bike"
                  I build Pipers

Comment

It's not cheap.
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                      It's not cheap.
                      complete bike wraps for $100? I still prefer paint but $90-$120 is cheap. Car Wrap Direct

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Falcon View Post
                        complete bike wraps for $100? I still prefer paint but $90-$120 is cheap. Car Wrap Direct
                        LOL. If you get a bike wrapped for $100, expect junk. More like $500 and up. Brandon is planning on having a professional do it. Trust me, wrapping a vehicle is an art.
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                          LOL. If you get a bike wrapped for $100, expect junk. More like $500 and up. Brandon is planning on having a professional do it. Trust me, wrapping a vehicle is an art.
                          +1 on the cheap cost...we have a wrap place in town and they quoted me $600 to wrap my old cars metal dash...."dash only - I supplied the wrap!"

+1 on the "it's an art"...which is the biggest reason I haven't tried it myself.....yet.....

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS850GBob View Post
                            +1 on the cheap cost...we have a wrap place in town and they quoted me $600 to wrap my old cars metal dash...."dash only - I supplied the wrap!"

+1 on the "it's an art"...which is the biggest reason I haven't tried it myself.....yet.....
                            ...just to add to the whole usual wrapping cost thing- I had actually brought in all four inner door surrounds, front inner windshield surround, rear window inner surround, and the dash assembly.................wait for it..........quote "total" was $2600.00 with their printed wood grain vinyl {burl wood, but the style is irrelevant}. Using my wood grain vinyl....$1200.00. I have wood grain vinyl to apply, someday, too {chuckle}.........

Now...just to let you know why I walked out.....the guy just finished quoting the guy before me for a whole car wrap......$2000.00

Comment

buy the cheap wrap by the meter and try it yourself.... cant hurt.

Comment

Working...
                              X