1982 GS750T front brake surging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS750T front brake surging

I just bought the bike. Its very clean for an 82 with 23k miles on it. Replaced the stator,reg/rec.and the generator cover. Its charging now. Took it for a test ride and the front brake surges with an even presser on the lever. I looked over the front rotor it doesnt look bent but I didnt measure it for wobble. Can the front brake surge due to clogged brake lines and brake caliber? I gotta order some new pads.

I would think not. My rotor (or both) got bent when my bike was improperly towed. It caused a pulsing at the lever like you described, most noticeable at low speeds. They didn't look bent either.
    Regardless, it's still a good idea to fully go thru the brake system
    Last edited by dorkburger; 03-08-2017, 09:20 PM.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I would rebuild the master cylinder. Check the fluids and you might see the reason for this condition.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Usually caused by a warped disk, doesn't take much, sometimes the pads won't wear evenly. Though sense your brake system is fairly simple, go through the whole thing.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
        X