Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any gs brothers going to be at bike week in Daytona this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any gs brothers going to be at bike week in Daytona this week?

Im here for the weekend, not on my bike unfortunately.. BUT IM HERE
    I build Pipers

My expereince, over the years on GSR, is that might have one or two that venture there. And maybe others that comment on avoiding it.

Do tell us of your adventures there.

I rode through there once a few weeks prior to Bike Week (got tangled up in Daytona 500 traffic)

Last edited by Redman; 03-11-2017, 01:20 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Lets just say i have pictures with all the bar tenders in almost nothing.. got my first lap dance.. my sister paid for that lol some dude tried to fight me and my bro in law.. twas the best night ever lol
      I build Pipers

Comment

the only one thatd probably be acceptable on here haha
        I build Pipers

Comment

I avoid Harley "biker" culture events such as that like the plague... I prefer to think of myself as as diehard motorcycle&dirtbike&bmx&mountainbike fanatic / maniac / rider / wrench... not a "biker" that barely knows how to ride their cruiser they paid $5,000-40,000 (+thousands in HD name brand accessories) for and have been "riding" for ages...

Unfortunately for her, my wife is working there all week. http://www.americanwallofdeath.com
          They're set up at some swap meet in the next town over. Not much action over there like in Daytona proper. She is very eagerly anticipating the St. Louis show and the Austin Texas hand-built motorcycle show. Much better events for her and her stunt rider coworkers. Two years in a row at this location for them, hopefully they will get a better location next time.
          '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
          '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
          '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
          '79 GS425stock
          PROJECTS:
          '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
          '77 GS550 740cc major mods
          '77 GS400 489cc racer build
          '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
          '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Working the Wall of Death???

Wow, Elvis tried that and crashed! Decided to stay with his singing gig, mo-betta chicks too.
            Roustabout
            Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 03-14-2017, 06:11 PM.
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck78 View Post
              Unfortunately for her, my wife is working there all week. http://www.americanwallofdeath.com............
              ??

Last edited by Redman; 03-15-2017, 07:10 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                ??
                Yup... that's her! They didn't argue over her stage name "Reckless..." haha

As to the title of this thread, I would have said there's a GSR Sister at Daytona...although she hasn't been a member here for 7 years or so but still a GS owner hopefully with a real hot rodded 740cc 10.25:1 GS550/650 racer by AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days July 7th-9th... she blew up her GS550 engine towards the end of summer, & it's still here at home as she got a #@$$$!! D@^¡% $$$ slow poke (what do 1337cc's do? Not much on this thing!) 600lb+ crippled-by-design hulk under peer pressure.... I told her I was scared for her (only 5'3") to buy a 550lb KZ1000LTD decked out tourer with a seriously built (i.e. EXTREMELY FAST built by a well known drag bike builder) engine...then the Hardly Ableson purchase came, oops! I REALLY REALLY screwed up! The Hardly-gets-outta-it's-own-wayserson heavy pig is huge motivation to build a really killer GS550/650-740cc (Wiseco piston'd/MegaCycle cammed) for her to ride that will put serious shame on the Pigsly-sloHogserson & at half the cost...
                Amazing woman she is... just have to guide her back to the right kind of darkness, not the orange & black kind!
                Last edited by Chuck78; 03-15-2017, 09:04 PM.
                '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
                '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
                '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
                '79 GS425stock
                PROJECTS:
                '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
                '77 GS550 740cc major mods
                '77 GS400 489cc racer build
                '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
                '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Pinky Tuscadero lives!
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

I live in Orlando.....been there everyday...

The Wall of Death is the ONLY good thing at the Volusia County Fairgrounds this year.....and the giant wood bike.... The swap meet sucked this year.... Cabbage Patch was much better as was the Daytona Swap Meet.... fought my way to the beach... parking was sh*t, so was the strip...nothing good..nightlife sucked... again...Cabbage Patch was off the chain...and I hate the Cabbage Patch on any given day.... the whole campground parties, don't have to worry about much and if you get too drunk...just crash somewhere...plenty of campfires and friendly folks.

All in all.... this has been one of the worst bike weeks to date.... BikeToberfest will be better.

I think they said only 30 bikes have been stolen so far this year.... none from campgrounds..imagine that.. and all tourists.
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-15-2017, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I'll go to Bike Week here, but even Laughlin, which is close, grosses me out with its lunkhead Hardly culture.
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                        I'll go to Bike Week here, but even Laughlin, which is close, grosses me out with its lunkhead Hardly culture.
                        "Hardly Culture" lmao..... yes there is much hedonism going on... I'm a guy... we like boobs... even my girlfriend said "go ahead and look, I know who you're coming home with"
                        BikeToberfest is much better than Bike Week and much more laid back on the Daytona scene.

Most of the "hedonists" are doctors and lawyers and such and this is their "week away" find it hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                          Pinky Tuscadero lives!
                          HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed
                          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Nobody goes to the races?

There's lots of races, my friend just flew down to do race photography
                            1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                            1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                            1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                            1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                            1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                            1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                            2007 DRz 400S
                            1999 ATK 490ES
                            1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I love boobs, but not all boobs are created equal, especially amongst the Harley crowd. Besides, there are better places to look at boobs without having to deal with the boobs who ride overpriced chrome display cases.
                              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                              1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                              X