Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2017 Brown County Indiana - June 8-11 - 7th Annual Tina Wasserott Memorial

Quote Originally Posted by skreemer View Post
    Naw, can't do it. I got wrecked off the Bandit last week by someone cutting across 3 lanes of traffic after exiting the highway. The Blue Bandit 1250 is no more. All I have left is a KTM Duke 390 I picked up earlier this year. The 550 is still missing, I've written it off as a loss. The 1981 GS450E I gave to my cousin was stolen. It's not been a good year for bikes I've touched/rebuilt in the last year.
    Holy crap...you ok?

Current: 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR650SE
    Previous: 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Pics:Rally pics and more, Tune Up, Replace chain, sprockets, and swing arm bushings, Cold weather ride

I'm OK for the most part. Smacked my knee on the ground fairly hard and it's a bit tender. When I came off the bike I basically tucked into the safety/recovery position with my hands tucked up to my chest, then landed chest first and basically gave myself one pump of CPR, so my sternum/chest hurts a bit. The worst is my right hand, I either stressed it funny coming off the bars or something because the tendons at the back of my thumb hurt like crazy and I get s sharp pain depending on which way I apply torque to my thumb. Luckily nothing was broken, and it's all soft tissue damage. Docs told me to take it easy for 6 to 8 weeks. I've already been out on my KTM a bit, so even with the issues, nothing is terribly painful when i ride.

I'm already planning for the next bike though. With the demise of the bandit and that I like long distance sport-ish touring, I have an eye on the BMW S1000XR or the KTM 1290 Super Duke in touring trim. I figure I'll save up this year and buy it next year on my birthday.
    '83 GS550ED "They only came n blue and white"
    Progressive front springs with 1.5 inch spacers, 2000 GSXR600 rear shock, K&N Pod air filters, Dyno Jet Stage 3 Jet kit, Vance & Hines 4-1, Yoshimura Stage 1 Race Cams, 200X GSXR600 R/R...*MISSING*
    '08 Bandit 1250 "Bone stock and in the pretty blue color.
    '81 GS450e "Dang is this thing a mess." - Given to my cousin
    '96 GS500e "PO needs to be beaten" alternatively "Crap a bought a bike with all the California smog equipment on it."