Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Brown County Indiana - June 8-11 - 7th Annual Tina Wasserott Memorial

Quote Originally Posted by gbw View Post
    Joe Nardy is coming down from IL and my friend Joe Godin is coming up from Austin TX. This party draws a crowd from a pretty wide area.
    Will be looking at licence plates in parking lot.

Yah, that is a long list of states represented.
    Have seen Iowa and Missouri and Pennsylvania there in previous recent years.
    Last edited by Redman; 03-15-2017 at 07:30 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Exhibit ... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine

There should be a note to bring cash for food. I wasn't aware when I showed up last year and felt a bit awkward having to borrow cash.
    Joe G
    '82 Suzuki GS1100G
    '16 Suzuki GSX-S1000F

Redman, it's nice to see your son Justin is coming with you this year. I'm sure we'll have a lot to chat about. 👍
    My Motorcycles:
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    82 750e (needs restored)
    80 KZ650f (needs restored)

I'm in! Email Sent. Ohio club. As soon as the weather warms up I'll be freshening up the carbs on the 850. We'll be ready.
    Greg

In the stable:
    1980 GS850G
    1978 GS550 - Resto Project
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09

bwringer is offline Forum LongTimer Bard Award Winner
    GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Garfield View Post
    There should be a note to bring cash for food. I wasn't aware when I showed up last year and felt a bit awkward having to borrow cash.
    Good point. If you're generally not a "folding green" sort of person, I'd strongly advise you to tuck a few $20 bills into your wallet. Or more than a few.

We're doing the India Feast again, but it's on Friday this year, for which we ask everyone to chip in $10. So don't spend all your cash on Twinkies before then, or at least hit an ATM somewhere along the way. I usually try to bring my Square reader so I can take cards, but I don't think I had it with me last year.

Bedford is a large-ish town (hey, they've got a Super Walmart!) and the county seat, so it's generally civilized enough that plastic works fine thereabouts. But all the good riding is out on the back end of nowhere where most of the businesses are locally owned, and cash money is strongly preferred.

Some of the younger and/or more citified folks have been astonished to find that rural gas stations won't accept plastic if you're buying a bottle of water and a Snickers. (Yes, they're supposed to, but there's no point in being a dick about it.) Carry some cash for this stuff -- it's faster, and it's polite. Pay at the pump is pretty much everywhere by now, but it's not all that reliable out in the hinterlands, since it depends on a reliable data connection. Don't be surprised if you have to buy a tank of gas with cash at some point.

Cash can also make meals go a lot faster when several groups happen to hit the same restaurant at the same time. And there are still many small town places that don't take plastic -- it's 2017, but you can't assume.

And please make sure you tip generously -- we want waitresses to start salivating when motorcycles roll up.
    Last edited by bwringer; 05-01-2017 at 12:55 PM. Reason: India Feast changed to Friday
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2002 DL1000 V-Strom, Dark Metallic Space Blue.
    2005 KLR685 - Turd II.2, the ReReTurdening

"If our brains get too smart they will become self aware and take over our bodys [sic]"
    - Ken M

Email sent - me and my girl.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle View Post
    Email sent - me and my girl.
    Riddle? MIKE?!
    Dogma
    --
    Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan
    --
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

marvinsc is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Past Site Supporter

Yes, the man, the myth, the legend Mike Riddle. We exchanged some private messages on Facebook last night. He now lives an hour South of Nashville TN.
    Current ride 2006 SV650N
    2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!

In Memory of Dave Davis:
    So long for now friend. Save me a spot, I hope by the time I get there I will be ready for one of your "sight seer, Smell the roses " rides

Where I've been Riding

Hey Mike...I'm up in Murfreesboro. Any interest in riding up together? You might want to look at the Ozarks rally too. It's not a bad ride from here.

Current: 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR650SE
    Previous: 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Pics:Rally pics and more, Tune Up, Replace chain, sprockets, and swing arm bushings, Cold weather ride

Quote Originally Posted by gbw View Post
    Hey Mike...I'm up in Murfreesboro. Any interest in riding up together? You might want to look at the Ozarks rally too. It's not a bad ride from here.
    Ozarks is t1ts.
    Joe G
    '82 Suzuki GS1100G
    '16 Suzuki GSX-S1000F