Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GS650 Dyna S

Hi Allan,

can't take the time to add anything to your DynaS issue, as I don't run one on my 650, but it does sound like you have some undue resistance in the system.

As for the funding of the page, it is by donation. There is a link on the homepage which link you can get to by scrolling to the bottom of any forum page:

http://www.thegsresources.com/supportus.php
    '83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/DrockVan/gs650g/sig-us

Cheers Tom.
    Last night I did the whole timing setup again and the plate spy hole and mounting screw holes will have to be fettled in order to be spot on as the timing marks are with a hair of being correct.
    The new plate against the old plate verified this as the spy hole is not in the 12 o'clock position when looking at the mounting holes.
    I noticed while I was setting it up that the plate when rotated clockwise is touching the oil sender body so that may account for the lose of voltage I hope.

I will make my modifications and if correct I will post my conclusions with picture and descriptions if that's ok.

I will have a look at that link.
    Cheers Tom

That sounds strange.. is it possible that black dyna modules were incorrectly installed on their plate? The pic that I attached before was some member's dyna installation (either 450 or 650) - the dyna plate seems to orientated correctly.

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Ye had a look at that and my plate has the hole way to the right so maybe your right.

I made my mods with the spy hole and the mounting holes and she has timed up perfectly now with the light coming on advance and when rotated to 1/4 on with the pointer at the f mark, with the mods I have done the plate and holes all look centred now.
    There is a mark for 1/2 but when rotated to this the light comes on but the marks are left by some margin and cant rotate the module enough to bring it into line.
    I have been in touch with the supplier and he says this is the right one so maybe your right they have been put on wrong.
    I will start it up and see how she is over the weekend and post my pictures and conclusions.

1982 gs650gt

I was thinking the dyna plate was flipped over and then the modules were attached. Carry on

When you do get this running, doublecheck your charging output to make sure it's in 14 volt range
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin