Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New flasher, turn signal blinks fast on one side, bulb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New flasher, turn signal blinks fast on one side, bulb?

Hello,

Installed new turn signals and to find the flasher was busted. Bought it, installed it, and the right blinks faster than the left. My question is, do dying bulbs cause the flasher to blink faster like cars or is something else wrong? Thanks for your help.

Look/compare bulb wattages... Stock flasher likes to see 23 watt bulbs for all signals - clean ground connections at signal mount and back into any harness connections that you find.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

figured it out. At some point in the bike's history and the back turn signal's wires are pushed up against the frame, causing it to occasional short. If I lift up on it the blinker works fine. Pulling it off today to investigate. Thanks for your time.

Comment

I ran into this very same issue today while working on my 79 GS750.
        Replaced the signal lights with aftermarket (bulb, not LED) as two where pretty rough. Didn't have much time to dig into the issue while at the shop and with no cell coverage, I pushed on to other tasks on the bike.
        I did confirm the OEM bulbs had been 23W each. Didn't think to check at the time what the aftermarket ones are.

Thanks for the posts on this thread. Saved me the headache of troubleshooting the issue.

Comment

Working...
        X