Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bookmarking?

Hi All,

I have subscribed to a very long thread about one of our members rebuild of his bike; much too long to read in one sitting. Does anyone know if there is a way to "bookmark" the last page I read so that I can return to it easily? That is a feature of Adobe Acrobat that I use a lot to return to the "last read page" whenever I reopen a long PDF document.

Thanks for any help!

Have not heard of any such bookmarking, but it might also help if you set the display options to something other than the default.

Click on the "Forum" button in the upper left corner.
    Click on the "Forum Actions" tab a drop-down window will open.
    Click on the "General Settings" option.
    Scroll down, look for the "Display Options" area.
    In "Thread Display Mode", select "Linear - Oldest First".
    Directly below that is "Number of Posts to Show Per Page", select "Show 40 Posts Per Page".
    Scroll to the bottom to "Save Changes".

While you are in the profile editing mode, why not add a signature that mentions your bike?
    Yeah, your username is a clue for now, but there is always the chance that will not be the only bike in your stable.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I don't know of any way from within the forum either but you could get to the last page simply by bookmarking it to your bookmark toolbar or menu.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
        Hi All,

I have subscribed to a very long thread about one of our members rebuild of his bike; much too long to read in one sitting. Does anyone know if there is a way to "bookmark" the last page I read so that I can return to it easily? That is a feature of Adobe Acrobat that I use a lot to return to the "last read page" whenever I reopen a long PDF document.

Thanks for any help!
        At the top of each thread there is a "View First Unread" tab. I am not sure how it works, but I have used it on a number of threads, and it seems to get me at least on the last page of replies that I remember.
        '83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
          At the top of each thread there is a "View First Unread" tab. I am not sure how it works, but I have used it on a number of threads, and it seems to get me at least on the last page of replies that I remember.
          Hi BigD. I saw that tab at the top of THIS page, but it's not on the page that I originally wrote the thread about. Any idea what the difference is?

By the way, the thread I'm watching is called "Jennifer's Makeover". It is 89 pages long, with 884 entries. Now that's what I call dedication!

Comment

Originally posted by MI GS850G guy View Post
            Hi BigD. I saw that tab at the top of THIS page, but it's not on the page that I originally wrote the thread about. Any idea what the difference is?

By the way, the thread I'm watching is called "Jennifer's Makeover". It is 89 pages long, with 884 entries. Now that's what I call dedication!
            I fiddled with the "view first thread" tab a bit and at first it does seem a little quirky. First it looks like it only works on threads you are actually subscribed to and if you are subscribed and have looked at the last page (bet you did) it turns off the feature. ....at least what I've seen so far.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
            X