Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C/L 1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 Turbo

Default C/L 1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 Turbo

Another memorable C/L Kawasaki GPz750 Turbo

https://denver.craigslist.org/mpo/6042544211.html
    1979 GS1000E (38 Yrs), 1981 GPz550 (Hasn't run in 28 Yrs)
    Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

I bought an immaculate one with 8,000 miles on it and proceeded to turn it into the scariest thing I've ever ridden (Horsepower Unlimited built the motor and turbo). I probably should have left it with just an 810 kit and upgraded turbo, because it was not a bike for the sane after it was done.

This one is overpriced by a good margin, given the various bits and pieces.
    “We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.” ~Richard Dawkins

1984 1150ES

Nessism is offline Forum LongTimer GSResource Superstar
    Super Site Supporter

Looks like a fun project. Two bikes for the price of one for the most part.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Photos of my bikes (past and present)...http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m50/Nessism1/

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...http://zeus.mtsac.edu/~cliff/storage...d_Tutorial.pdf

I almost traded a Miata I had for one... Well I was looking for some extra cash on top of it. we never could see eye to eye and it fell through. He wanted even trade... Sweet bike. I will own a turbo bike, someday!
    17 HD XG750A Street-Rod
    15 Suzuki TU250X - The Tuxman SCR250
    08 Kawasaki ZG1400 - Ole' Faithful
    13 Infiniti G37 S New aged "Z" Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.
    2017 North East Green Mountain Rally
    2017 North East Green Mountain Rally on FACEBOOK

That's funny, Justin. I once traded a VMax for a Miata when I wanted to get back into autocross.

The GPz750 Turbo was a fun bike. Fast even stock, and due to the way boost works, it felt even faster. That said, the handling was only so-so without any additional power, and once you start modding them, all hell breaks loose with traction, suspension, and brakes. We ended up grafting early ZX-10 forks and swingarm, brakes and wheels onto mine, but the frame then began to show its inherent weaknesses.

Back to Miatas ... I will own another one, possibly sooner than later. A supercharged one is very appealing.
    “We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.” ~Richard Dawkins

1984 1150ES

I've had 2 NA Miatas

1990 Classic Red. 1.6 I loved that car! ran it till about 230K, got out of it it for I bought a Suzuki GS750L that I fell in love with... And it suffered from short nose crank failure...

I drove it all the time winter or not... I ended up selling it for a couple grand even needing a motor for the body was in real good shape.

Then I had a 1994 Miata 1.8 Low miles, Love this car too... Took some long trips with it. I bought it from an old guy for $1300 . I put some work into it. It was an awesome little car. This is the one I almost traded for the turbo GPZ but it never panned out.

My now Fiance wants to get another one down the line. The new ones are very very nice... I love RWD and honestly it's totally doable in the winter...(despite the apparent evil).

That's why I now own a proper GT car:

Miss my little Roadsters though... Awesome cars.

Evident that you don't need big HP numbers to have an awesome time!
    Last edited by Jedz123; 03-16-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    17 HD XG750A Street-Rod
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

I'll always prefer a pure sportscar for real driving, and the Miata is about as pure as it gets.

1984 1150ES

Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    I'll always prefer a pure sportscar for real driving, and the Miata is about as pure as it gets.
    Agree. My Infiniti is a tad to fat to be classified as a true sports car but it's definitely a pure GT car. Ride for hours, hit some mountain roads and hound the Apexes. RWD with a stick is awesome.

My Miatas were AWESOME. All you had to do was run a high quality performance road tire and the car stuck like glue..
    17 HD XG750A Street-Rod

Quote Originally Posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
    Yup, I dearly miss my 72 240Z
    1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, Mikuni BST34SS, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
    1983 Gs1100ESD, going under the knife this winter

A 240Z with triple Webers and a Stebro exhaust is heavenly.

1984 1150ES