No announcement yet.

Alternative to the SH775 RR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one I got was dirty. I cleaned it off and it looked practically new, and works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
      Ebay: Search "polaris RZR regulator". You will find tons of used SH775's for about $40 shipped. At that price point there is no good reason to use anything else.
      Is model 4012941 the only one that is suitable for my gs 1100 shafties?
      1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
      1983 GS 1100 G
      2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
      2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
      1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

It's the only Polaris part number for the SH775 R/R.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
        1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
        1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Thanks, snagged one of ebay.
          1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

So, this is what I need to link it up?
            1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Yep T2500676

or get the connectors only ( more expensive I think) here http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__...87/fkw187.html

Think that's the right one...
              Last edited by salty_monk; 05-05-2017, 06:34 PM.
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Thanks. Gonna order it.
                1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Is this a genuine example of the Electrosport stator discussed here at GSR and is it decent? I realize some here prefer Rick's Motorsports stators.
                  1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                    who should?
                    Hmm, someone with more electrical experience maybe, if they're willing to share their knowledge.
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

A search should reveal all. I have used SH775s on all my GS bikes, it just works, There is the SH847 available, but it is overkill for the stator output....
                      sigpic
                      09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                      1983 GS1100e
                      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                      1980 GS1260
                      Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

I received the T2500676 Triumph wiring harness. It has 2 groups of wires, each having a plug on each end. One group has 3 wires which, I guess obviously mate up with stator wires. I will cut the plug off the stator end and solder the wires to the wires coming from the stator. The other group has 2 wires, a black and a brown. Is the black ground and the brown power? Each of these wires divides into 2 smaller wires of the same colors at the end plug. I guess I just cut the plug off and leave myself 1 black wire and one brown wire which will be hooked up as per recommendations here. I.E. , brown wire thru a 30 amp fuse to positive battery post and black wire per "Single Point Ground" instructions. Does this sound right?
                        Last edited by 1948man; 05-12-2017, 04:19 PM.
                        1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

This is the way that I installed it.
                          Cut off the two small plugs then carefully split the harness so you have one plug with two brown and two black wires twist the Browns together likewise with the blacks so you now have a plug with one brown and one black so to speak.
                          The brown connects to the red wire in the bikes harness where the original rectifier/regulator red connected to, know as the T connection on various posts on here.
                          The black connects to the single point ground see many posts on here or just use the search facility for information.
                          The three blacks on the other plug connect to the three wires that come from the stator it does not matter which wire connects to which ( there is no polarity)
                          All joints where twisted together soldered and shrink wrapped.
                          The two left over wires in the bikes harness can be taped up and tucked away as they were for the handle bar loop and are not in use now.

The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                          1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                          past bikes. RF900
                          TL1000s
                          Hayabusa
                          gsx 750f x2
                          197cc Francis Barnett
                          various British nails

Comment

Thanks for the help. The R/R I am replacing is not OEM and it has a red wire that doesn't use the harness but just goes (unfused, I might add) straight to the battery positive. I'll have to poke around and see if I can find the original point the OEM R/R would have been connected to. Since I have a brown wire that divides into 2, I guess I could connect one to the battery positive (fused) and one to the point from the harness the original OEM power wire hooked up to. I'm working today so won't be able to ponder it for a while. Thanks again for your help.
                            1983 GS 1100 G

Comment

Originally posted by 1948man View Post
                              Thanks for the help. The R/R I am replacing is not OEM and it has a red wire that doesn't use the harness but just goes (unfused, I might add) straight to the battery positive. I'll have to poke around and see if I can find the original point the OEM R/R would have been connected to. Since I have a brown wire that divides into 2, I guess I could connect one to the battery positive (fused) and one to the point from the harness the original OEM power wire hooked up to. I'm working today so won't be able to ponder it for a while. Thanks again for your help.
                              NO, do not do that. Find the original wire. If this is for the 1100G in your signature, the wire will be on the left side, partially hidden by the frame rail, between the airbox and the battery. There is a large sleeve that covers a couple electrical connectors, it will be in there.

First of all, there should ALWAYS be a fuse between the battery and any electrical device. The R/R is an electrical device. If it should happen to short out, there is a direct path for some serious current from the battery. When that heavy current goes through the wire, it will get VERY hot, to the point of melting insulation and possibly even setting the bike on fire. Suzuki had a decent idea for current routing to reduce the load on the MAIN fuse by placing the R/R connection where they did. Bypassing that by connecting straight to the battery puts extra loads on the fuse box. One way around that is to replace the fuse box and/or rewire the bike between the battery, ignition key and fuse box, but that is a task that few of us are willing to do.

sigpic
                              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride
                              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

If you find where the Oem rectifier connected into the bikes harness (the red wire) you use both the brown wires from the triumph harness twisted together and soldered into that connection then you do not require any extra fuses as you will then be using the stock configuration which is to be recommended.
                                Last edited by fastbysuzuki; 05-13-2017, 08:08 AM.
                                The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                                1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                                past bikes. RF900
                                TL1000s
                                Hayabusa
                                gsx 750f x2
                                197cc Francis Barnett
                                various British nails

Comment

Working...
                                X