Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you been a recipient of someone with a tripping problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you been a recipient of someone with a tripping problem?

Many of us have been fortunate to receive a polished part from Steve whether in the form of cleaned carbs or other parts. His work is truly amazing but he always says he's tripped on the way through the shop. I can tell you that even with his large gorgeous shop, he some how managed to place his drill press near his work bench almost in the walking path and his buffing wheel even closer. Consequently it's pretty obvious as to why he trips so often.

In case any of you were curious as to what goes into his work, I took some pictures last night after stopping over at his place.

Tripping over the drill press to begin cleaning up the piece with a roloc wheel

Then after turning around he ran into his buffing wheel

Here are pictures of the bowls from start to finish (untouched on left, just finished from the drill press in the middle, and polished on the right)

And as many know, even the carb's internals get polished

Sadly, I doubt an even bigger garage will fix his tripping problem but I'm not so sure anyone would like that to happen anyway
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

I apologize in advance if anyone viewing these from a phone sees them upside down or backwards. Not sure why the iPhones rotate the pictures like they do
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Yeah, he walks in, the ONE time I have the drill press near the door and catches me "in the act".

I could have put the DP farther from the door, but did not feel like uncoiling the cord. It was a freebie from my son's father-in-law, came wired for operation on 240v and has a power cord that is in LOUSY condition. I need to replace the cord and reconfigure it for 120v operation, but in the meantime, I need to park it near the one 240v outlet I have for a welder, which is right next to the door.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

To go along with tripping, the same blue rags that Steve uses occasionally "fall" out of my work van into my garage. I love them. Steve that's some fine looking work.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I love the old drill press, older machines like that seem to last forever. Great shine on those carb parts.
          1981 GS1100E
          1982 GS1100E

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Comment

Working...
          X