Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Locating the rear wheel

Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Will this help or just confuse. If all ure spacers are the same u have a failed bearing somewhere. and since you didnt take my advice about checking those sprocket bolts seating correctly you HAVE NOT check the whole wheel.

Sharpy, I was hoping you could help me out. In your drawing it shows the center spacer 88mm for the "E" wheel and 82.75 for the spoked hub. I was wondering what spacer would have to be wider to make up the 5.25mm difference? I'm thinking it would have to be made up on the sprocket side to keep the brake caliper centered on the rotor. Any information on this would be helpful. Thanks
    My Motorcycles:
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    82 750e (needs restored)
    80 KZ650f (needs restored)

Just as the drawing says. The center spacer is different. (most measurements are from online part diagrams) But on some bikes theres a 5mm spacer behind the brake disc. I have spoke wheels but also have a aftermarket swing arm so mine does not use it. That's a drawing below to show you what i am referring too. So as long as ure spacers are same left to right you mite need or not need that 5mm spacer. I know the alloy arms are 260mm gap. not sure what the steel arms are sorry.

https://grabcad.com/library/suzuki-g...wheel-spacer-1

https://www.discountbikespares.co.uk...000-GS750.html 80 GS1000S

http://www.servicehonda.com/oemparts...0-20062/spacer 80 GS1000e
    Last edited by sharpy; 05-19-2017 at 03:50 AM.

Thanks for the reply Sharpy. I think I need the 5mm brake rotor spacer. Spacing the rear sprocket to line up with the counter shaft sprocket is not allowing the wheel to sit center of the motorcycle. Everything has to go .200 to the left. When everything said and done, I'll post exactly what spacers are needed and what I've done.
    My Motorcycles:
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    82 750e (needs restored)
    80 KZ650f (needs restored)

Send me what ure swing arm gap is (if original steel arm), where the wheel sits. and ill do a drawing using spacers/bearings that are original sizes. give everyone else a idea as well. And is ure spoke wheel laced correctly. what size rim are you running and what is the off-set using the disc mating surface and edge of rim. Thanks