Gearbox oil leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gearbox oil leak?

Bike has been sitting for weeks while I slowly rebuilt the carbs in my spare time (Thanks to Mr. Bar at CycleOrings.com! Excellent product and customer service).

I go to install the carbs and notice she's sprung a leak... If it ain't one thing it's another.
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like SFBusker.

At first glance this looks to be a failed gasket behind the square piece w/ round center on the gearbox? I tried to find a part number through suzukipartshouse diagrams, but couldn't. Does anybody know? Is there anything more major I should consider other than a gasket?

Thanks as always
    81' GS850L

Have a look at this. There is an o ring in behind the flange. Could be the plug either.

97 R1100R
    Previous
    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Ah, that's the part schematic I was looking for. Missed it somehow. Thank Brendan, I'm gonna get the plug and O-ring both. Bike's over 30 years old without much restoration, might as well do it right.

Your profile picture looks like you're rounding a course marker/racing buoy, yeah? Motorcycles and sailboats are a damn good way to get around by land and sea. Something about freedom, etc.
      81' GS850L

Comment

Nieupoort, Belgium Laser Radial Worlds. Not me in that pic. Eldest son.
        He was in Portland Maine a few years prior to that on an Irish youth team.
        We raced a lot together single and double handers.
        Must change it to one of me
        97 R1100R
        Previous
        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Working...
        X